View Single Post
02-11-12, 03:19 PM   #16
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
regen disabled happens after player login?
It should, yes. Use the code in my last post to check. You can use the same code to check the order of any events you want.

... party frames, the focus frame, the vehicle action bar and the boss target frame.
These should all be able to be created in response to PLAYER_LOGIN. All addons using AceAddon-3.0 (such as PitBull, STUF, and Grid) create frames in their addon's :OnEnable method, which AceAddon-3.0 executes in response to PLAYER_LOGIN firing. oUF also uses PLAYER_LOGIN to trigger the creation of frames queued using its :Factory method.

If you are trying to create/modify secure frames when PLAYER_LOGIN fires, and are having problems, post the code. There's only so much anyone can tell you without seeing the actual code you are working with.

My UI allows the user to set the xp bar to show guild xp, in order for this to be available when they log in and display correct i have to load the guild stuff, ...
API functions do not depend on an addon being loaded. You should be able to call guild-related API functions like GetGuildRoster, GetGuildRosterContribution, and GetGuildRosterLargestContribution regardless of which addons are loaded.

Again, though, there's only so much I can tell you without seeing your code.

... same goes for the calendar in order for the highlighting on the clock that lets players know they have pending events to display proper it has to be able to check for events and the events dont load until the calendar loads.
Again, this information should be available through the appropriate API regardless of whether any addon is loaded. The default UI's clock can show pending calendar invites before the Blizzard_CalendarUI is loaded, so your addon's clock can do the same. If you aren't sure how to do it, look at the Blizzard UI code.