View Single Post
03-14-16, 03:17 PM   #7
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MunkDev View Post
One of the issues I think new players have with controller gameplay is the bucket load of bindings that are just handed to you (although you're of course free to configure your setup however you want) and it might be cumbersome to keep track of it all for a beginner. Having played with this setup for quite some time, I still look at my bars occasionally since I don't always remember all my spell bindings. I'm aiming at providing a little bit of both worlds; all your controller bindings are always visible, but in a way that's not taking up the entire screen and (ideally) only uses icons and short text strings.
You're right about the bindings being overwhelming for someone new to controllers in a game like this. I'd say that any new hardware changes are going to be overwhelming, at first. Multi-button MMO-mice and gamepads also take time for adjustment. Anything you can do to alleviate that is always appreciated (e.g. your ability to show all the buttons and their modified counterparts together, as you are here).

Placing the modified buttons under the main button and moving the hotkey indicator actually looks alright though:
I agree that looks significantly more balanced and less chaotic, with the modified ones on the bottom, as opposed to the side!

Btw, this is what the bindings look like without the extension enabled:

Weirdly enough, the extension shows 4 more bindings, but it looks like a lot less. Might be because of the menu bar, pet bar and bags though.
Even without the bags and such, and if the petbar were in that spot, your extension would still look like a lot less, imo. Even if you're not happy with the look yet, it is certainly less overwhelming than the default UI and normal bars, for sure.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 03-14-16 at 03:45 PM.