View Single Post
03-14-16, 07:34 PM   #11
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Folji View Post
Maybe the current setup does work, though? It's a bit hard to really tell without actually trying it out
Completely agreed. It would be easier to tell from being in action, but without trying, we can still at least suggest tweaks?

Originally Posted by Folji View Post
Experiment with fading or darkening the modifier buttons, perhaps? There's a lot of ways in which you could make an element "less interesting" to the viewer without reducing readability, thankfully! You definitely want to keep the main button big, though, because the alternative would just be counter-intuitive.

You could consider a more solid border around the main button, that would also give it a more distinct separation from the other buttons without taking away from the context.
I didn't get a chance to play with size earlier, but I did play around with saturation, color, and darkness/lightness levels for the modifier keys, and a border for the main button. Maybe one of these will appeal to MunkDev.

This is the original

This is with a Slight Border

This is with a Slight Border and Slightly Darker Mods

This is with a Slight Border and Full Desaturation of the Mods

This is with a Slight Border, Slight Desaturation, and Slightly Darker Mods

When I'm feeling less lazy, I suppose I could put different action buttons, or put a background.

Depending on the intended UI, it could be cool to colorize the modifiers, instead of reducing the saturation, like so:

Or colorized per class, that could be pretty cool (though Priest could present a problem, if it weren't just a straight desaturation for them...)

Last edited by Nynaeve : 03-14-16 at 07:47 PM. Reason: add pictures