View Single Post
03-15-16, 03:23 PM   #13
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MunkDev View Post
I uploaded another video to show you what it looks like since the recent changes:
https://youtu.be/U49T6jDiO4U

The bar addon is available on GitHub.

I think it doesn't feel right in the way it's currently designed. The way the buttons pop in and out is a lot of change on screen for something that happens as frequently as a modifier change. It might actually be better to always keep them visible, but indicate in some other way which one in the cluster is focused.
The cluster action bars are currently bundled into the controller addon revision on github, then?

After watching that video, I agree the way it's popping in and out is a little much.

Perhaps the currently used modifier and the main button could switch places for the duration of the button press, leaving all buttons up, just switching those out?
If you did it this way, you could then have them all out, and, while things would be switching, it wouldn't be as jarring as everything disappearing? You could then offer the option to only have the main button shown, and just switch the main buttons when the modifer is pressed (for those who feel they know their hotkeys extremely well, and want something more minimal).

Or perhaps the currently used modifer's buttons could be highlighted in some way? Or instead of highlighting the currently used buttons, the rest of the buttons could be de-emphasized, somehow.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 03-15-16 at 05:32 PM.