View Single Post
05-06-09, 02:13 PM   #22
bknab
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Pyrophoric View Post
While I believe WoWM's side of the story, I also believe that most of the animosity has stemmed from Curse and their greed.
I find it hard to comprehend how someone can believe WM's side of the story. I admit if this "disagreement" were merely between WM, WoWI and Curse I might find it hard to discern who was being truthful here.

However that is not the case, many AddOn authors themselves have been speaking out against WM since they released their updater. WM changed code to remove donation requests and did not cite authors and give credit where credit was due. Do these authors not deserve to be known for their work? Do they not deserve contributions from those who wish donate?

At first many authors just wanted to be cited for their work since WM did not provide this information when downloading an AddOn. After WM did nothing many authors asked for their AddOns to be removed, after all, it is their work. Still, WM did nothing.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, I could keep going but I digress, I'm hungry. Time for lunch!