View Single Post
05-06-09, 03:03 PM   #35
Pyrophoric
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
Which is exactly what they are doing with the free version of the CC client (which has ads as you are well aware). Users can still contribute to the authors directly, should they choose to. Nothing in that regard has been taken away from them. Please decide where you are going with this and stop contradicting yourself.

So this is all a huge conspiracy of Curse to suddenly make money, when they have been paying to support addons for years with no form of tangible compensation that would allow them to sustain themselves and provide better services to both the authors and users ? Ok.

There must be a rule against flawed analogies really (on this site or anywhere else for that matter). Would you have payed to cover the expenses of a service that you received zero benefit from ? In what universe ? Because I want to live there.

Because you choose a side purely with the mindset that they provided something that was beneficial and convenient to you (which no one has refuted EVER), despite the harmful and detrimental consequences it may have had on others. There is always the other side of the coin.

Oh, trust me it is very, very clear who is right. Have you been following the subject for a couple of years as many of us have, you would have realized this. Hell, you can even now go back to WoWAce and do some research on how it all started, what their stance was and what has transpired since then. There is plenty of proof of how WM was operating then and how they slowly (and stealthily) changed their stance, in order to gain the support of their users, make us look like liars, while continuing to reap the benefits of work that no one opted-in to have them support/distribute.

Like I said, realistically speaking, this is unlikely to happen, in the real world barring some sort of a miracle. Minion seems promising, as it will supposedly allow freedom of modules that can handle downloads not hosted on WoWI. Whether the other websites will be willing to go along with this (and any terms involved) remains to be seen. Time will tell.
Sorry man, I stopped reading what you said after the third quote. You clearly have not understood much of what I was saying and are just not admitting to it. There is no contradiction, read everything I have said again if you want ... have at it.

I am not getting into an argument with you and will leave as much alone with just saying I agree to disagree.