View Single Post
04-07-12, 10:52 AM   #17
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about my most recent code and that you omitted the comment on line #1, so your line #13 is my line #14, in which case that error is occuring because no frame named "TimerTrackerTimer1" exists at the time the code is running.

Double-check the frame name. If it is not actually "TimerTrackerTimerN" then simply correcting the names in the list should resolve the issue.
Upon logging in there is no TimerTrackerTimer present (I do not see the hidden frame with /fstack) until you join a battleground and the timer actually appears. After the BG is over and you are ported back to your original location, the frame is still there (but hidden) until after a /reload of the UI.

I also jumped into a BG to test out the new code because the frame isn't present until you join one but, alas, the same error was given and again all oUF frames seem to be broken except the Player frame (target, targettarget, and raidframes all revert to Blizzard default).

To make sure I'm actually providing the correct info I took a screenshot of two /framestacks in two different battlegrounds while hovering over the timer area.

While the StatusBar portion isn't present in the bottom tooltip, it was there if I moved my mouse just slightly.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
If the name is correct, then it must not be created yet at login, so you would need to either (a) more extensively modify the layout to detect when the timer bars are created, and skin them at that time, or (b) figure out which Blizzard_* addon creates the timer bars and force it to load at login.
As much as I would like to be able to try both of your suggestions, they sound like they're really out of my reach with the little Lua knowledge I have at the moment. I've learned a lot (although so little overall) from tinkering with oUF and I'm very content with the modifications I've made to this layout so far (as small as they might be). It's just slightly annoying that this one timer that uses the default Blizzard frame feels out of place from the rest of my UI.

I'm going to head over to the Blizzard Macro & UI forum and throw this their way to see if someone knows something more about these infamous TimerTrackerTimer bars. I thank you for your time and effort Phanx and I feel bad that you're the only one assisting me with this (not that I'm entitled to any assistance at all ).