View Single Post
01-10-11, 09:55 PM   #4
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
edit: just updated the relevant FAQ entry. it was indeed out of date. i should probably review all of them, now that Cataclysm is out.

edit: as well, i updated the bugs these users filed earlier.

Originally Posted by pahina22 View Post
But...this mod also has a huge flaw. It will only let you hide these things when out of combat, as soon as you get in combat it shows all pet nameplates, totems, and images/snakes. Personally to me this makes no sense since the majority of the time when PvPing you are in combat.
Blizzard doesn't allow hiding individual nameplates in combat (same for disabling the mouse and a couple of other basic things; all of it is precluded by the Blizzard UI).

the workaround is to set nameplate alpha to zero (0) on individual nameplates. Blizzard (currently) allows this. the nameplates are still "there", and can interfere with click-through in certain circumstances, but they are indeed not visible.

Aloft's "Visibility" options offer settings for "hiding" via nameplate alpha. however, you need to enable the AloftAlpha module in order to access those Visibility settings (and for them to take effect).

sorry for the confusion. i remember working with the users several months ago on these issues, but this might not be obvious to more recent users (i should probably enhance the Aloft FAQ on this, if i have not already).

hope that helps.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 01-10-11 at 10:10 PM.