View Single Post
10-16-14, 06:56 PM   #29
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm already using the spellID.

On OnReceiveDrag a secure button gets the args "mount" and the the stupid Mount Journal index number (index of the mount in the complete list of all mounts - available or not).
But you can't set a secure button to type "mount" (or "summonmount"). So I have to set the button to type/spell with the name of the mount (I don't want to use type/action as there no available action IDs). Which works (I'm writing the MJ-indexnumbers with the spellIDs for all mounts pre-combat to my button header).

The trouble starts if the player drags the mount FROM the secure button. You can't pickup a "mount" or "summonmount" button type. I have to pickup the mount as a spell (does not take the mounts name ... only the mounts spellID, hahaha ... but whatever ... guess what ... I'm writing the MJ-indexnumbers with the mount names to my button header too *g*).
So, OnDragStart I pickup "spell"/<SpellIdOfTheMount>. Now the mount is on the cursor.

And now it's getting weird. On placing the cursor content ("spell"/<SpellIdOfTheMount>) from the cursor to another secure button the secure button receives the args "companion", <SomeNewIndex>, and "MOUNT". (should be at least "mount" and <SomeNewIndex> as above ... but nevermind ... it's Blizzard and I don't want to overburden then)
The funny part is, <SomeNewIndex> is not the MJ index number I've got above. And it is not the summonpet index number. And it is not just the running index number from the list of all mounts ...
... no, no...
... it is ... surprise ... the mounts index number in a list of all usable mounts. Ahahaha.

The MJ is such a joke.
Whatever, it's working now (in combat too), and I do not touch it ever again. If they ever change something that breaks my triple-hack-memory-wasting-workaround with their %)&$/% mount journal I'll rather abandon my addon then spending even another single minute of my life working with it.