View Single Post
08-21-13, 06:15 AM   #20
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh, you're right. I was actually using the scale of the bar group instead of the actual nameplate because I was experimenting with something.

Apparently the bar is scaled down, not the actual plate frame, so just disregard what I said.

On an unrelated note, I've been working on a way to show friendly nameplates but prevent you from interacting with them because I want to be able to see them without them getting in the way of what you're trying to click on.

Since you can't just :Hide() the nameplate in combat because of secure frame restrictions, I've had to get a little creative with SetCVar('nameplateShowFriends', 0) toggling them on to get the frame positions and immediately back off to prevent mouse interaction.

This actually works, but there is a 2 frame delay before plates appear after toggling them on which isn't a huge deal but it also causes the cursor to blink like crazy while it switches between states. I can probably counter that but I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas for how to do this.