View Single Post
11-03-09, 02:51 AM   #62
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
To exactly the point that it doesn't infringe on others. If you drive while texting, whether or not you have actually caused an accident this time, you are unnecessarily endangering my life. I seem to remember some quote somewhere about rights to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". I notice life comes first there.
By whose determination is the element of infringement decided? And, are you willing to apply the same criteria to every aspect of life? At what point does the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" begin? Where does it end?

As it can be legitimately claimed that adjusting the volume on your car radio can be as much of a distraction as texting while driving (I mean, an accident can occur at any split second of driving time), how would such legislation be enforced? I'd like for you to lay out the complete picture on this new set of rules and legislation you seem to support. Help me understand how these things are determined, enforced, and penalized.

It appears you are taking the position there are no existing laws to protect people on the road. That simply isn't the case.