Thread: Ion Alpha
View Single Post
08-31-12, 07:51 PM   #8
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Yeah, unfortunately for me, separate settings for characters, and bar groups, are the most important parts of my bar setup. Based on your earlier description of how bar grouping will work in Ion -- creating separate bars by hand, setting up visibility so that each was visible in a different state and hidden in all others by hand, and then placing them in the same location on the screen by hand -- it's going to be a LOT more work than it was in Macaroon, but I guess I'll live.
Well, I hope to make the Bar Group creation process easy and not a whole lot of "making things by hand first". In addition, placement of all bars in a group will be as simple as telling how you want the bars in a group to be aligned. You can have the bars justified left or right, top or bottom. Ion will take care of the placement.

In fact, with the way it is going, it will almost be like two addons in one. The "simple" Ion addon, with simple bars. And the Trinity/Macaroon style addon. All based on if a bar is a stand alone or a actually a bar group.

I am trying to adopt Blizzard's own philosophy, "Easy to learn, difficult to master". In this context, many new users can start using Ion with ease without needed "Customer Service" just to get up to speed. And then for the users that want to take the red pill and see how deep the rabbit hole can go in custom bar addons, I hope to sate those needs as well

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]