Thread: Overachever
View Single Post
04-28-14, 04:18 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SannaSK View Post
... I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Does it give me data in the tooltip, IE, OA's 'red line'? Does it modify something in the achievement interface? etc.
All it does is remove the game's ability to recognize whether achievements were completed by your other characters. It does not add or modify any UI parts, or do anything specific to any addon.

Normally when the default UI, or an addon, asks the game for information about an achievement that was completed on another character but not the current one, the game will say "yes and no". The code I posted will make it just say "no" instead. This prevents addons that haven't been updated for account-wide achievements from getting confused, and prevents the default acheivement UI from showing achievements as complete that haven't been completed by the current character, etc. Basically, the game will no longer know anything about account-wide achievements, and will go back to the way it worked before they were added.

Originally Posted by SannaSK View Post
I too am looking to replace the currently-nonfunctional parts of OA ... I want the red line in the tooltip back... what addon will do that, regardless of the 'completed by another character' status of the given achievement?
The red lines work fine for me, with the code I posted previously running as a standalone addon. Paste it into the big box in the middle of the page I linked before, change the text in the small box at the top of the page from "MyFirstAddon" to something that describes the addon (eg. "CharacterAchievements" or "NoAccountAchievements" or anything else that will remind you what it does), and click the green button below the box. The ZIP file you get is just like the ZIP file you get when you download any other addon. Unzip it into your AddOns folder and restart WoW.