02-05-08, 08:06 PM   #1
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Question Interface Cleaning

After about the third time this year of deleting my Addons folder and doing a fresh install to get rid of Kludge libraries and files that are still being loaded but not being used anymore, I was kind of curious as to how many other people might also do this on a regular basis.

So, do you regularly flush your addons and reinstall? And if so, how often?
02-05-08, 08:24 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, not really. Most libraries are load on demand, anyway, so they only load when an addon calls them. But if you really feel like you need to do this, the easiest way is through WAU (if you're on Windows). In WAU, uninstall everything listed under libraries, then reinstall all of your addons. Note: this causes more traffic for the wowace servers - especially the more often you do this. If you're OCD about your folder and go this route, I suggest that you always click the ads in WAU and think about donating to the site.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-06-08, 12:23 AM   #3
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I go the route Seerah mentioned. I'm more likely to delete a couple libs I think might be outdated and refresh instead of doing everything, for the reasons mentioned, and I try to watch what libs are doing what anyways.

02-08-08, 07:52 PM   #4
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

On second thought the response I had was dumb.

Last edited by Ratheri : 02-08-08 at 08:01 PM. Reason: I am an idiot
02-08-08, 07:56 PM   #5
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Nope, you were clear in what you were asking. I think it's just something that not many of us do. I do the same thing Seerah mentioned, maybe twice a year.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Interface Cleaning