04-18-09, 08:59 PM   #1
Tundle
A Defias Bandit
Map image rendering is "blotchy"

Carbonite 3.1 is the only add-on I have installed.

Most of the time, when I open the world map, much of the map is marred by defective rendering that looks like very large-block pixels.

V 3.1 is my first install of Carbonite. Great product (I've donated) but any advice appreciated.

- Tundle

Screen shot:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3619/...f4d7071e_o.jpg

This is on a Windows Vista (32-bit) laptop with 4 gb of memory and an ATI Radeon X1270 display adapter.

Last edited by Tundle : 04-18-09 at 09:05 PM.

04-18-09, 09:45 PM   #2
Fahadius
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Tundle View Post
Carbonite 3.1 is the only add-on I have installed.

Most of the time, when I open the world map, much of the map is marred by defective rendering that looks like very large-block pixels.

V 3.1 is my first install of Carbonite. Great product (I've donated) but any advice appreciated.

- Tundle

Screen shot:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3619/...f4d7071e_o.jpg

This is on a Windows Vista (32-bit) laptop with 4 gb of memory and an ATI Radeon X1270 display adapter.
Those blotchy areas you're seeing are actually your quest zones. When you get a kill/collect quest, carbonite puts the areas where you'll find your goals on the map. On the left side of your quest tracker, you'll see purple and green buttons, one of them will say "auto-track quests", just click on it and those should disappear off your map.

04-19-09, 12:21 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The blocks are areas for a quest object. They are done at a resolution that is memory efficient, yet gives enough detail to see where you need to go.

Click the green button on the Watch List header bar to toggle showing quests on the map.

From the CarboniteReadMe.txt file in the Carbonite folder:

Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.

Quest Watch List Objective Buttons

The round buttons to the left of the quests/objectives have several functions.

Left Click will activate "GOTO" mode. This display the location and direction of the objective on the world map. The map will scale so that you and your target are always visible.

Shift Left Click will toggle the display of quest objectives on/off, but not track it.

Alt Left Click will send a status message about the quest to party chat.

Right Click will bring up a menu with additional options.

Alt Right Click will open the Quest Log with that quest selected.

The black squares will show a tooltip with quest information if you put the mouse cursor over them.

04-19-09, 08:25 AM   #4
Tundle
A Defias Bandit
Thanks - all set

Outstanding help, people. Many thanks.

I figured out how to turn it off under Options - Quest - "Always show watched quest areas on map"

This makes it easier for me to study the maps for now. Good to know I can turn it back on if I change my mind.

Carbonite is a fantastic add-on.

- Tundle

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map image rendering is "blotchy"