08-13-09, 03:54 PM   #1
tucchase
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy World Map Toggle Button on Mini-Map

I am having a problem with this button. It won't stay on the WOW Mini-Map! Every time I log in on any of my toons I have to go into the Carbonite Options screen to the Mini-Map subscreen and click off the World Map Button (very bottom of this screen) and then click it back on. Once I have done this the button appears on the Mini-Map and stays there as long as I am logged in. As soon as I log out, it disappears again, even if I immediately log back in on the same toon. This started happening about three updates ago. It was intermittant then, but since two updates ago and this last one to 3.21, it happens every single time without fail. Is there some other function I need to turn on, or off, to get this button to stay put? This button, when clicked, toggles between the small Carbonite map on the left side of the screen and the full size map. Yes, I have tried left clicking the Carbonite button on the Mini-map. All that does is turn on and off whichever map is already open. And the "M" key could work but I would have to move one hand from one of my controllers, or reprogram one of the buttons. I want to toggle between the two maps. This used to function flawlessly until three updates of Carbonite ago. To summarize, as I stated above, the function "World Map Button on Mini-Map" is always checked, but the button is NOT on the Mini-Map until I physically go in and uncheck this function and then check it on again.

Last edited by tucchase : 08-13-09 at 04:00 PM.

08-15-09, 01:49 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think how that works has changed in a long time. My first guess is another addon is hiding it. Try it with all other addons disabled.

08-15-09, 11:11 AM   #3
tucchase
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I don't think how that works has changed in a long time. My first guess is another addon is hiding it. Try it with all other addons disabled.
OK, It appears to be a conflict with MetaMap. So either one of the Carbonite updates changed it, or one of the MetaMap updates, but they no longer play well together. I will run a while without MetaMap and see if I am missing anything else I need. Thanks for the suggestion.

08-15-09, 02:29 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MetaMap probably just has an option to hide it like Carbonite does. Turning off that option in both addons would probably make it appear.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » World Map Toggle Button on Mini-Map