09-09-09, 12:57 AM   #1
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Global Save Setting For All Toons

Hi Scott good work on the nui here are some idea for Version 6 if they are not in already.

add a Global Save Setting for all toons. Don't know if this is in already and just have not seen it but if not it would be nice to be able to save the setting of nui from one toon to all of them.

everytime I go to a new toon I have always have to do

/nui movers - to move the bars around
/nui combattips - since I am a hot keyer and like to read the spell when I am playing

/nui Calendar - to take it out of the mini map bag
/nui watchframe - cuz it still doesn't work normally unless the mini map plugin not on.

those are just a few I got to take the time to do and it kinda bugs me I have to keep doing it to all toons because their no way to save it and have that setting for all toons. and if there is away already forgive me for post this here than, and tell me how do save the profile like thing.

09-09-09, 02:59 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can copy your savedvariables folder for one character that has it set up and name it for the new character. That should give you the same settings. not as easy as a built in command but easier than your current method. if nothing else itll hold you over till Scott lets you know the feasibility of your request.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

09-09-09, 05:34 AM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I believe I saw that posted as planned for nUI 6.0.

09-09-09, 10:18 AM   #4
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
You can copy your savedvariables folder for one character that has it set up and name it for the new character. That should give you the same settings. not as easy as a built in command but easier than your current method. if nothing else itll hold you over till Scott lets you know the feasibility of your request.
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I believe I saw that posted as planned for nUI 6.0.
hmm.. didn't think about doing that. never messed with the savedvariables but I have a look and see. thanks for the replay

can't wait for Version 6 sounds like it going to take the nui to whole new level lol.

09-10-09, 03:44 AM   #5
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Nightmare_Lord View Post
hmm.. didn't think about doing that. never messed with the savedvariables but I have a look and see. thanks for the replay

can't wait for Version 6 sounds like it going to take the nui to whole new level lol.
IF it ever comes out :P
*hides*

09-10-09, 06:59 AM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
/slaps richwarf

~grin~

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-11-09, 05:44 AM   #7
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
*missed*

Haha

/use recall scroll

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Global Save Setting For All Toons