12-04-10, 08:11 PM   #1
twistdshade
A Fallenroot Satyr

Default Pet Bar Sucks

I have a wolf with over 10 abilities that I'd like to be able to click without digging into my spell book and the default bar (even with the bar addons I've tried) only allows 10 icons, and you can't drag the pet skills to anything other than the pet bar without making macros. Not only that but often the buttons on my pet bar are changed, and I think some skills were turned to automatic when I had them set to manual.

It's pretty frustrating trying to make this pet bar work even with bar addons.

Does anybody have any addon or macro suggestions that might help with this? If not, are there any authors willing to whip something up?
12-04-10, 09:10 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Macaroon will let you put pet abilities on its buttons. If all you want to do is add buttons to the pet bar, it may be a bit overkill, but you can use it to make an extra pet bar that looks just like the default pet bar. You could even put the new bar right next to the "real" one to give the appearance of a single bar with extra buttons. And, unlike many action bar addons, hiding the Blizzard bars is optional, not required, so you wouldn't need to recreate all of your action bars.
12-04-10, 10:11 PM   #3
twistdshade
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ok, so I installed macaroon.

I created a bar with 12 buttons, thats 2 more than the 10 pet buttons.

For each Button I have 3 options, 1: Action Bar Button X, 2: Pet Bar Button X, and 3; Macro.

There are only 10 avalable pet action buttons, and macaroon just duplicates the existing pet button bars. So it's not actually creating new ones

For the action bar buttons, I still can't drag the pet abilities to the bar.

As for the macro option, I could create a macro; /petpassive and click it to set my pet to passive, but the icon won't show which state is active like the default pet bar does (passive, defensive, agressive, the stance that is currently active will be highlighted in yellow)

As for the pet abilites, like Growl for example, I could create a macro for this, but the icon will not show the cooldown or tooltips.

Is there any way to get this to work like the default bar?

Thanks for the info so far.
12-04-10, 10:47 PM   #4
twistdshade
A Fallenroot Satyr

I made this macro;

#showtooltip
/cast [btn:1] Cower
/petautocasttoggle [btn:2] Cower

But there's no way to tell if the ability is on auto cast or not without taking up a bar slot
12-04-10, 11:48 PM   #5
twistdshade
A Fallenroot Satyr

I made a 14 button bar, the first 10 are standard pet action bar buttons, the last 4 are macros;

/petattack
/petmoveto
/petstay
/petfollow

Managed to get all of my abilities onto the bar, the macros I used are pretty much universal and will apply to any pet, don't have cool downs, and don't really have important toggles, like aggressive, defensive, passive.

As my pet levels he'll end up with more abilities than I can fit on the bar.

Some people will tell me to drag "Useless" things off the pet bar, but thats a compromise I'm not willing to make.

Blizzard should allow more abilities to be put onto the bar, bottom line.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Default Pet Bar Sucks