08-06-09, 08:20 PM   #1
Jonstable
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy My Addons won't download from WoWinterface

I have a Windows Vista Ultimate.

I attempted to download Carbonite Quest from the site using WinRar but when I try to extract it from WinRar it says that there was an error because it could not find the file specified. Then when I attempted to open it with Explorer it said that I have to change the permission on the Zip file before I can extract it.

That same problem applies to every addon I attempt to download off this site. WoW Matrix and Curse Client work so I don't know what's wrong. :\

<-Hail!
08-06-09, 08:27 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Hmm... Download an addon of your choice. When prompted to save or open the file, are you selecting "open"? You *should* be saving it to your computer. Then right-click the addon's .zip or .rar file and select "Extract to here" from the menu. Take that folder and put it in the Interface\AddOns folder. It just sounds like you're having issues manually on your end, since things are fine otherwise...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-06-09, 08:30 PM   #3
Jonstable
A Murloc Raider
Well I tried to save it but when I do, the Folder doesn't even show up. I think I might of screwed something up when I switched from XP to Vista -.-

<-Hail!
08-06-09, 08:44 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

You need administrator privileges on Vista most likely.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
08-06-09, 08:44 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, where is your browser set to save to? (Just making sure you're looking in the right place...)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-06-09, 08:49 PM   #6
Jonstable
A Murloc Raider
I tried saving it to my Desktop and it didn't show up.

I have another account which says Administrator but I don't know it's password. That account came up after I did some crap in command prompt.

<-Hail!
08-06-09, 08:55 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

That very well may be your problem, then. I had similar problems when I first started using Vista. You'll have to get yourself set up on an admin account, or you'll have trouble downloading and installing just about anything.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
08-06-09, 09:04 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Check this thread, it has information for Vista users, there might be info in there that can help you.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-06-09, 09:37 PM   #9
Jonstable
A Murloc Raider
I went on Admin, turned off the UAC, I still cannot open the files or save. The only way I can get addons is by using clients. I think it may have something to do with me changing my comp from Vista then XP to Vista.

<-Hail!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » My Addons won't download from WoWinterface