01-02-10, 04:05 AM   #1
flett
A Murloc Raider
Circle Border Texture

I use STUF and SharedMedia. Could anyone link a circular border I could use for the animated 3d portrait?
01-02-10, 04:26 AM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Google circle pictures, add an alpha channel and convert them to .tga

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

01-02-10, 06:26 AM   #3
flett
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Dawn.

I asked for a tga link because i don't think i have the tools to add an alpha channel or convert to tga. Would OpenOffice Draw or MSPaint be able to do that?
01-02-10, 08:41 AM   #4
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by flett View Post
Thanks Dawn.

I asked for a tga link because i don't think i have the tools to add an alpha channel or convert to tga. Would OpenOffice Draw or MSPaint be able to do that?
use gimp, its free and has lots of features
01-02-10, 09:18 PM   #5
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
use gimp, its free and has lots of features
This or Paint.net. Its free as well, and its actually more intuitive than Gimp. I had to watch a damn tutorial to make a line in Gimp... it was sad >.>

Gimp is only good for making cool graphics with free Gimp brushes from DeviantArt.

edit - DeviantArt is a great place to find textures and stuff as long as its free or you have permission

(http://browse.deviantart.com/designs/?q=orb)

Last edited by Ferous : 01-02-10 at 09:21 PM.
01-03-10, 04:41 AM   #6
flett
A Murloc Raider
Thank you, both.

Plan A was to have something that would be offered to me as a portrait border option in STUF. If I follow this advice am I still on Plan A or do I have to use the circle as a background in STUF or use kgPanels to use it as an artwork mask for the STUF portrait.

I ask because my first attempt following your advice seems to show a square border around the STUF portrait with the texture in it but cut and distorted into a patchwork filling this square border.

I'd be grateful for any further advice.
01-03-10, 05:04 AM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Border textures are in reality 8 pieces. The 4 "corners" and 4 pieces that make up the sides. I recommend opening up a border texture file from shared media and taking a loo at how its done. Once you see it visually it makes it easier to understand.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-03-10, 05:41 AM   #8
flett
A Murloc Raider
The sides that it may need to repeat according to the size, followed by the corners in a particular order? Makes sense.

it seems to be 1. left, 2. right, 3. top, 4. bottom, 5. top left, 6. top right, 7. bottom left, 8. bottom right... with 3 and 4 rotated?

Is a circle just the corners?

Thanks for your patience.
01-03-10, 05:53 AM   #9
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

To be honest i never tried to make a circle texture since it doesn't suit my design style so I'm not of any use there.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Circle Border Texture