12-03-06, 11:15 PM   #1
VgerAN
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gyro: Get Your Raid On!

A thread for discussing my mod Gyro.

Gyro lets you set up macros (lists of commands) to be run whenever you join or leave a raid, for convenience or laziness. You can, for example, enable raid UI mods only when you're actually in a raid, disabling them when you're done.
12-08-06, 10:34 AM   #2
Mizpah
A Murloc Raider
Thanks VgerAN,

This (hopefully!) is exactly what I am looking for! A couple of questions and a suggestion however, and to be fair I think your mod is working fine ;-)

I am looking to do multiple things, both when I enter and leave both party and raid - can a macro be created to replicate the raid functionality when entering and leaving a party ?

(This means that being in a party that converts to a raid would need to run the leave party commands, then the join raid commands *or* have a convert party to raid macro - the latter option may be better)

Now down to a how to question! I am using all Ace2 mods where possible, and from the command line I can change the profile (ag_unitframes). This runs and I get a responce saying the the profile has changed. However the effect of the profile changing (different bars) is not seen. I can investigate the settings in each of my profiles and they are indeed different, any ideas ? or so i missunderstand the Ace2 profile system ?

Finally for anyone searching for inspiratin I am looking to do all of the following:

Change viewports, open my rdx desktop, open and position ktm, sw_stats, change the configuratyion of the chat windows (which chat is in which window) and much more.

Over tiem I am looking for an entirely different interface for Solo, Party, and Raid.

Thanks for the mod VgerAN, hope to here from you or others who know the mod well soon!

Mizpah
12-10-06, 06:42 AM   #3
Mizpah
A Murloc Raider
hmm, from looking at this i am tentively wondering if I can can modify this to provide the party join\leave\convert to raid functioanlity. Is anyone aware of the event triggers I woudl be looking to catch ?

GyroCoreFrame:RegisterEvent("RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE")
GyroCoreFrame:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")

seem to be the only events i can see, I can understand raid_roster_update, but was expecting to see declarations that said entering_raid, etc, or does wow not have such events ?
12-11-06, 03:50 PM   #4
VgerAN
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've not used any of the Ace stuff, so I can't answer that question. I'm sure that Gyro could be modified to work with parties also, but I haven't looked into this yet. Those two events at the bottom of the file are indeed the only two that Gyro uses to do everything it needs to right now; I imagine that I'd need to watch for more events to add party functionality.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Gyro: Get Your Raid On!