08-23-07, 12:57 PM   #1
knigitz
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Extended Quest Log Modification

I've been tweaking Extended Quest Log 3 for the past couple of days, enough to notice a considerable difference so far. I am thinking about getting authorization to release it as Extended Quest Log Modification, or EQLM.

My question is, should I bother? I will definitely use this modification myself. But is there anyone else who would adapt over? Some of the features I am currently looking to re-gear are:

1. Updated tooltip look & feel, along with some new options!
2. Updated tracker look & feel, along with some new options!
3. Update the enhanced quest tracker, to allow for manageable tooltips of quest descriptions.
4. Refine the look & feel of the quest log.

These are all features I'm looking to work on over a period of time. Hopefully I can address all the features I've listed, and more.

Some ideas I've had include:
- Difficulty color fade option for all quest names/levels.
- Accumulation color fade option for all quest objectives.
- Ability to adjust line spacing in the quest tracker.
- Tooltips with short descriptions of quests for the tracker, and when clicked will display a sticky tooltip of that description.
- Refined questlog look & feel, along with adding more options to the options dialog!
- Fix the horrid looking quest tracker header.

Can you think of any other things I could modify to make this a definite winner?

Thank you
08-23-07, 07:54 PM   #2
Farook
A Molten Giant

I'd say that "nQuestLog" and/or "bEQL" are already more than a good replacement for "EQL".

But I don't know what other people think about it, so...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Extended Quest Log Modification