03-18-09, 01:29 PM   #1
Ditz42
A Murloc Raider
Loading Problems Everywhere

Ok so when I started to dowload the latest half-patch and had to wait two WHOLE days for it two dowload and whilst it was dowloading I attempted to play WoW but it repeatedly disconnected so I gave up and decided to wait till it had downloaded.

So now I decided to just watch some videos on youtube and stuff but when ever I did it wouldn't load the whole video and even if I reloaded the page several times it never worked.

Now at this point a friend of mine said I should try loading the latest driver for my graphics card so once I had found it I did but during the fowload it stopped at 48% and wouldn't go any further.

Nowe this can't just be a coincidence because they all seem VERY connected tio me so If anyone has nay idea what could help me or has had experiance with this I would greatly appreciate any help.

I have already tried turning off my security software, taking all the wires out the back of my modem/router and leaving it for five minutes then putting them back in and just removing the router from the sytem, I have also tried the sequences I was told to here: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=1 and none of these have worked at all.
03-18-09, 02:06 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is from one of the support articles (I recommend reading those as they can provide you with lengthier HowTo's and can be accessed via the main Wow site). Give it a try and see if it helps you any. Also be sure to turn your Firewall back on. You can remove any rules for WoW that it has and then re add them again. Here are the ports in case you need those:

World of Warcraft & Burning Crusade use TCP port number 3724 to play and UDP port 3724 for in game Voice chat. The Blizzard Downloader, which downloads patches, also uses TCP ports 6112 and the range 6881-6999. Warcraft III uses TCP ports 6112-6119.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Power Cycle your modem and router to reset them and allow them to re-establish a connection to your ISP. Please follow these steps to completely power cycle the devices in your network connection:

- Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router.
- Power down/unplug the router if you use one.
- Power down/unplug the modem.
- Allow to sit for 60 seconds, unplugged.
- Turn on the modem, allow to completely boot up till the front panel connection lights show a steady connection.
- Turn on the router, if you have one, and allow to completely boot up as well.
- Start the computer(s) and allow to completely boot up.

If that does not work, try this:

Windows Vista Users: Windows Vista requires that you run the command prompt (DOS shell) in Administrator Mode to perform these functions. To start the DOS shell in admin mode:

- Go to Start/Programs/Accessories and locate the "Command Prompt" shortcut.
- Right click Command Prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu.
- Continue with the Windows XP/2000/98 directions below at step 2.

Windows XP/2000: Release/Renew your IP address and Flush the DNS Resolver Cache:

- Go to Start then Run and type the word "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Run box. A DOS window should open on screen.
- Type: "ipconfig /release" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
- Type: "ipconfig /renew" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
- Type: "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Close the DOS window and attempt to make a connection.
03-18-09, 02:22 PM   #3
Ditz42
A Murloc Raider
ok that didn't help at all but thanks for the suggestion

on a side note I have noticed That when I log back on I'm In a different place thatn when i DC'ed, to be exact roughly where I was 5 seconds before I DCed
03-18-09, 02:25 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Have you done a tracert? Sounding to me like there is a problem with your ISP. /shrug
03-18-09, 02:28 PM   #5
Ditz42
A Murloc Raider
do you mean what i did here? http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=1 and none of these have worked at all.
03-18-09, 02:48 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ditz42 View Post
ok that didn't help at all but thanks for the suggestion

on a side note I have noticed That when I log back on I'm In a different place thatn when i DC'ed, to be exact roughly where I was 5 seconds before I DCed

That's because you lagged out.

Edit: Have you updated the firmware on your router?
03-18-09, 02:55 PM   #7
Ditz42
A Murloc Raider
It says theer are none available for My router
03-18-09, 03:06 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yup, that was what I was talking about, and if it's giving you request time outs, then there is a problem somewhere along the line between you and where you are trying to get to. Contact your ISP.
03-18-09, 03:19 PM   #9
Ditz42
A Murloc Raider
Okay I'll try that as soon as possible.

The thign that gets me is why did thios all start when I downloaded the patch? Maybe if I remove it?
03-18-09, 03:29 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Okay I'll try that as soon as possible.

The thign that gets me is why did thios all start when I downloaded the patch? Maybe if I remove it?
No, that wouldn't have any effect on your connection like that.

You're trace route is not being done to the game server. The one in your post on the wow forums is normal, and the time outs you see are simply from hitting their firewall. You won't get past that.. so the time outs are normal.

Edit: forgot to add. There are two different types trace routes to perform. One is specifically for when you cannot log in to the game at all, and the other is for when you are playing the game but experience severe lag that may or may not bump you offline. Let me know which it is, and I can point you in the right direction to perform the proper trace route.

Last edited by Petrah : 03-18-09 at 03:33 PM.
03-18-09, 03:36 PM   #11
Ditz42
A Murloc Raider
I don't either of those really apply since its not just affecting world of warcraft
03-18-09, 03:38 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't either of those really apply since its not just affecting world of warcraft

Yes, I know. But it may still help them to help you figure out where exactly the issue is located so that you can pass the info along to your ISP.
03-18-09, 03:38 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
^^ is why I said he needs to do a tracert. But he needs to run it to somewhere other than WoW (didn't think about their firewall when I said the time outs were a problem, duh me.)
03-18-09, 04:52 PM   #14
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Do you have a monthly bandwidth limit and have reached it?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Loading Problems Everywhere