02-01-11, 01:27 PM   #1
Borogoves
A Defias Bandit
Integrated Minimap Problem

I've spent a while reading through the boards seeing if anyone has mentioned this problem, but I haven't come across anything. Sorry if this is a repost!

I like to keep the "Move Minimap into Carbonite Map" box checked, specifically so that I can have the yellow ! quest markers visible in combination with Carbonite's parchment Quest Givers icons.

If I check "Minimap is drawn above icons," it looks perfect, but I can only interact with the edges of the Carbonite minimized map. (ie: if I hover over a quest area, nothing comes up.) If the box is unchecked, however, I can interact with everything perfectly.

Is there a way to keep the Minimap drawn above icons without it blocking mouse hovering/clicking? Or a workaround aside from the Ctrl key toggle?

02-01-11, 01:29 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I think maybe this would involve messing with transparency settings - something I've not done. Maybe search the forums for "transparency" and see what you find.

02-01-11, 05:23 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I check "Minimap is drawn above icons," it looks perfect, but I can only interact with the edges of the Carbonite minimized map.
My minimized map works fine (shows the yellow "!" icons along with the "?" icons and the blinking nodes) when merged with the default minimap. However, I don't have that particular option checked, as all it does (for me) is show the minimap always.

As I said, I leave that option unchecked, but then I right click the minimized map, then the "Minimap" heading, and make my settings in the next menu look like this:

The icons from the Blizz minimap show up on the Carbonite minimized map and if I want to see the minimap I just hold the "ctrl" key to make it visible. It works for my setup, anyway.

02-01-11, 10:38 PM   #4
Borogoves
A Defias Bandit
I didn't mess much with that set of options until I read your post. That helped a lot, thanks!

02-02-11, 10:59 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Integrated Minimap Problem