06-20-11, 01:16 PM   #1
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Switching between profiles

I'm looking into using an ouf layout for my addon compilation, but one thing I'd really need would be the ability to switch between different layouts without a reload. Can this be done?

I can think of 2 ways right now: First, just make a "switch" function, that calls a lot of SetPoint and SetSize stuff, to change into the different layouts. Would probably be a lot work, since some elements don't really switch easy (aurawatch comes to my mind).

Is there a function to put a layout to "standby"? I could imagine loading 2 layouts, and then disabling one (like Hide() and UnregisterAllEvents()), and then somehow change along these lines. Is this a possibility?

Thanks for any hints how to do this. The layouts I'm thinking of arent' THAT fundamentally different, so the first way seems like I could do it if I could just see how to deal with aurawatch.
06-20-11, 02:32 PM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Single frames you can call :Disable() on. Then :Enable() later no.

Group frames are slightly more tricky however. What you could do is just disable the headers show{Solo,Player,Party,Raid} attributes, it should be enough. Might want to cache their current values so you can re-enable them at a later event. It should work fine for most (if not all) layouts.
06-20-11, 04:35 PM   #3
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

Oh that sounds nice. So if the frames (talking raid here) are not shown, they don't receive events and process stuff? I'm kinda wondering about performance when loading more than 1 layout.
06-21-11, 03:41 PM   #4
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Their event handler is called, but they don't do any updating. The first thing it checks is if the frame is visible.
06-21-11, 04:23 PM   #5
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

Ok, that sounds reasonable. I'll give it a go as soon as I can Thanks for your help.
06-23-11, 02:00 PM   #6
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

I've got another problem before I could try that. I don't understand the visibility conditions when using SpawnHeader. I mean, those predefined seem simple enough (raid, party, solo), but how do those custom things work? Looks a bit like makro syntax, but what does @raid16 mean (and what 'exists' in this context)? What's available there (could I check for a global variable there?)?

(e) As a follow-up, what's the relation with the showX attributes of the header? What happens if I choose "party" in the visibility condition, but set "showParty" to false?

Last edited by Pyrates : 06-24-11 at 06:44 AM.
06-24-11, 05:27 PM   #7
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

showParty false will not hide the default Blizzard party frame. If I remember that correctly from my battleground testing with oUF_Simple2. Not sure if the party frames get even spawned if you have that value on false.
Get a simple layout and try the attributes in battlegrounds. I tested some conditions maybe it for different raid settings. Maybe it helps: http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour...2/core.lua#223

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
06-25-11, 05:09 AM   #8
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

Thanks Erik I found your attribute list at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...t=35152&page=2 now, that helps quite a bit. I still don't see what [@raid16,exists] does at the visibility argument, and it's not easy to test because getting a raid of the right sizes is hard to do (say, if I need 16 people...). But I should just ask tukz about it, I see it in his raid layout.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Switching between profiles