03-22-11, 08:37 AM   #1
Kongys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sinestra Wrack Debuff help

Okay so, to start things off, i've been using RDX since vanilla, but my skills only go as far as creating simple raidframes and adding debuffs, raid icons and such and as a result, I could use some help now.

What i'm looking for is a way to change the color of a debuff icon or a specific frame based on how long the debuff have been active on a target.

Example:

Wrack being active on a target for 0-9 seconds = Green
Wrack being active on a target for 10-13 seconds = Red
Wrack being active on a target 14+ seconds = Black

I'll also explain how the debuff works to help people better understand what i'm trying to do.

Wrack last for 60 seconds, dealing increasing amounts of dmg the longer it stays on a target. Dispelling it resets the damage but makes it jump to 2 new targets with whatever duration is left on the debuff

The number of targets afflicted by wrack usually goes something like (1-2-4-8-16), so having color codes to indicate how long a target have been afflicted will help determine the order to dispel in

Just so we're all on the same page, i'm not interested in how much time is left on the debuff, but rather how long time a specific target have been afflicted by it

Any help would be appreciated really
03-22-11, 10:37 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
It is possible to do that.

So if you are able to learn from a design, I suggest that you take a look on the window WoWRDXruid_grid.

The grid has what you describe with a buff spell rejuv.

rejuv 30 - 20 green
rejuv 20 - 10 yellow
rejuv 10 - 0 red

The countdown of the buff change color.

The concept is base on the feature bar and timer feature with the variable aura info.

Or wait I will publish here a recovery file soon.
03-22-11, 11:38 AM   #3
Kongys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the quick reply, i'll take a look at it later tonight and see if I can figure out how to make it work

If you were planning on publishing a recovery file here soon aswell, that'd also be appreciated, thanks again
03-23-11, 05:42 PM   #4
Kongys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had some time to look at things last night and i'm fairly confident I can make it do what I want, i'll definitely spend some time on it during the weekend, thanks

Last edited by Kongys : 03-25-11 at 12:30 AM.
03-25-11, 12:31 AM   #5
Kongys
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I guess I spoke too soon. I've been playing around with it for a few hours, and I cannot seem to get the CountUP function to work

Maybe i'm missing something very obvious here, but i'd appreciate if anyone got some input on how to make it count up from the time a buff/debuff is applied instead of counting down
03-25-11, 02:12 AM   #6
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Argh OK, let me do something.

But you have to wait monday, I am not available this week end.

Cheers

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Sinestra Wrack Debuff help