12-23-14, 09:32 PM   #1
LameCooter
A Murloc Raider

Wow Crashes on load if enabled

I saw in the curse forums where it was advised to disable Routes. I did, but WoW sill crashed on load.

Thanks
12-23-14, 10:14 PM   #2
WOWVern
A Cyclonian
If you disabled Routes, it is entirely possible that other addons that depend on Routes (or Cartographer) caused the crash. Without knowing what addons you have, I can't help. Could you post an error log or your addon list? Also, this may be moved to the Carb: General forum as the Quest Module is separate now.

Last edited by WOWVern : 12-23-14 at 10:18 PM.
12-24-14, 02:54 AM   #3
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
@LameCooter, I believe this is an addon conflict, can you try disabling the Quests Module to see if it'll load without it? Also there is a new dev version in github you could try to see if it'll fix the problem.

@WOWVern, this should stay here since it's most likely a conflict with the Quests module, he can't provide an error log since all he gets can be seen on the screenshot (had the same problem early in the dev cycle) but the list of addons he uses might be very useful.

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 12-24-14 at 03:00 AM.
12-24-14, 11:20 AM   #4
Justaraud
A Murloc Raider
I have the same issue except I never get the crash screen. It just totally locks up and I have to bring up Task Manager to kill WoW.
I've been getting the "dailies" from git and this issue has been affecting me since the beginning of December.

Even if I disable all addons except Carbonite it happens as soon as I enable the Quests module.
12-24-14, 01:07 PM   #5
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Justaraud View Post
I have the same issue except I never get the crash screen. It just totally locks up and I have to bring up Task Manager to kill WoW.
I've been getting the "dailies" from git and this issue has been affecting me since the beginning of December.

Even if I disable all addons except Carbonite it happens as soon as I enable the Quests module.
I believe that's a blizzard bug since it happened to me even without Carbonite installed. It is supposed to disconnect you but instead it freezes the client until you end task it. In a few very rare cases it actually disconnected me after a few minutes of waiting.
12-24-14, 01:21 PM   #6
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Justaraud View Post

Tried clearing WoW cache?
12-24-14, 01:39 PM   #7
Justaraud
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Tried clearing WoW cache?
Yup, about a week or 2 ago. No help.

I just got todays git. I will clear EVERYTHING and try again in about an hour or so.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Wow Crashes on load if enabled