Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-09-09, 07:23 PM   #13
Senutyenool
A Fallenroot Satyr

Let me just quickly add my two coppers worth.

I also see this memory increase, and am running a very low end system (5 year old now) and the rate of memory increase fluctuates depending whether I have my eyes crossed or...... ermmm...

Heh, in fact, since having asked for your help previously with this problem, Oh Father of nUI (forget which thread), I've done the testing with just core nUI+ running, and disabling/re-enabling all add-ons and have not been able to pin it down to any individual program running.

This GC problem is different from day to day playing, some days nUI will increase at a .3MB p/s rate (which I can work with), others at 1-2Mb p/s (which means an FPS drop and frame freeze every 6-7 minutes... not good). However, when I get this massive memory usage increase, I find that logging out completely and restarting "fixes" this.

Hence could it be a problem with something not loading correctly at start-up or am I just showing my ineptitude with all things coded?

Cheers

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI memory usage