Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-16-09, 01:38 PM   #11
MarcAntony
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

Just want to preface by saying that asking a question like this without having read every bit of literature and forum posts on a subject first is way out of character for me. I am a person who enjoys doing my due diligence, but right now I need answers quickly and do not have time to scan the forum for them. If anyone would be so kind to give me some quick answers to my specific questions it’d be hugely appreciated.

I am an officer of our guild, which is 1st on the server, but not a top100 or anything like that. We’re currently working on Freya and Mimiron HMs. I’m the most seasoned UI/addon user in the guild and Fraps our encounters. So when watching my Fraps’ movies and seeing the ability I have, through my UI, to see everything that is going on in the raid easily and without cluttering my screen, our GM has tasked me with the task of implementing a raid-wide install of at the bare minimum, a set of raid frames.

Thing is, I need to settle on 1 raid frame solution quickly and give them a tutorial on how to configure it. I played with PRaid briefly in raid last night and was mostly able to do everything I needed and was highly impressed with its simplicity, form, and functionality. I want to have them all install this addon. But I could not figure out how (remember this is in raid between attempts) to configure the buffs/debuffs properly. I attempted to set a custom debuff for Strengthened Iron Roots and have the text “ROOTS” displayed in red text to make it unmistakable. I tried on 2 consecutive attempts but was unable to get the debuff to appear. I read the entire Elitist Jerks raid frames thread and see that PRaid is, in fact, able to do this and more.

If someone could be so kind to either provide me with a summary of, or point me to a tutorial, how to use the PerfectRaid buff/debuff system properly I would greatly appreciate it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help