Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-18-10, 11:54 AM   #1
Elgatodefuego
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Suggestion: Name Plates

Hello! I'm a recent convert to nUI from SpartanUI and I must say that I've greatly enjoyed the change. nUI is a beautiful piece of work with an amazing community! I'm not sure if this is supported, or slated to be supported with the release of version 6 (can't wait ), but I thought I'd make a slight suggestion.

My wife has to use a custom font for name plates to be legible on the television she uses for a monitor (playing in HDMI without Overscan so we have to use a custom resolution which borks 1 to 1 pixel matching). Once I installed nUI on her computer it broke the overriding font. I've no idea why, since it wasn't through an addon but the addition of a Font folder in the WoW directory which is supposed to supersede all other changes. The failure is probably some of Blizzard's wonderful coding work at play.

To correct this issue I found an addon for her that allows her to adjust the font by using custom name plates. The addon she's using can be found here. Would it be possible to add a functionality similar to this into nUI itself (possibly a light version for performance reasons)? Or, would it be better advised to wait until nUI 6 is released and write an extension for it using the frameworks provided?

Thank you for your time!

- Elgatodefuego

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Suggestion: Name Plates