Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-07-10, 10:36 AM   #24
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by d87 View Post
So summarize:
- Activision/Blizzard openly admitting they are in it purely for the money and could give a rat's ass about their customers
- Once a contract company establishes a solid foundation for a game IP, they cut the contracts and close down the company.
- The rumors were true; Blizzard no longer has any real "independence" since the merger. Everything is filtered up to Kotick, one way or another.
- SC2 is an experiment in how much they can bleed out from their customers, as well as in-game advertisements.
- The SC2 split was not done so that each episode was more "complete". (I was ****ing right god dammit!)
Activision CEO Robert Kotick has briefly mentioned his company's plans for maximizing profit from Blizzard's upcoming PC strategy sequel StarCraft II.
- Kotick has begun having delusions that he their actions/games alone influence how consoles are made.
- LAN support for SC2 was removed so that people who wanted to try the game are forced to by it.
- SC2 "premium" maps are the next cash cow with a "portion" going to makers. (I'm thinking it's going to be some insulting 10% share).
- New ToUs, which most don't ever read, clearly state that your "private" info is no longer private and can be distributed however they see fit once you accept the ToU.
- Developers are not to have fun making games, but instead live in constant fear of losing their jobs. (I feel sorry for them now!)
- CoD fees are strictly for profit, nothing more.
- Games that were previously approved by Vivendi pre-merger can/will/have been rejected by Activision due to "lack of interest".
- Blizzard is now constantly hinted as just being another source of money for them and must be overlooked by their own company members.
according to Massively and the L.A. Times put in charge as COO (Chief Operations Officer) of the "Blizzard business unit", with Mike Morhaime directly reporting to him
- The quality of games, and more so the work environment in general, mean nothing. Instead, money is pumped into "additions" (read: micro-transactions)
and advertisement rather than trying to keep employees happy.

Disgusting is still an understatement. I thought politics were bad, this is just plain ludicrous. Don't get me wrong, the game is fun and all, but now every time I log in I'm going to have that voice in the back of my head reminding me of the backstabbing and pure greed that my money is going to.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Official forums: Real names only