Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-10-12, 09:50 PM   #1
Gregity
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
QUEST_DETAIL event missing information

I'm working on QuestGuru and there is a section where it modifies the title to show the quest level whenever the QUEST_DETAIL event (which is the panel showing) occurs.

The problem is that the function calls to get data don't always return data.

Sometimes, the GossipAvailable functions return data (just one because there is only one on a detail), sometimes I can get the data from the NumActiveQuests (which is 1) and data thence from GetAvailableTitle(1) and GetAvailableLevel(1) and sometimes neither set returns a result. For examples that don't return anything, check out "Discover Rolf's Fate" given by the pile of bones (name="a half-eaton body") in response to a "cast" when you click on them and GoldTooth given by Billy Maclure

Is there another quest information function that I can use to get Quest information from the client based upon the Quest Name or perhaps the Quest ID? Are there other quest information functions I can use at the event?

GetTitleText() always return correctly & GetQuestID() returns the correct number for the quest (the ID, not the QLog Index) but as the quest is not in my quest log there isn't much I can do with it.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » QUEST_DETAIL event missing information