Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-02-12, 01:53 PM   #1
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Suggestion on making this work

I know this might not be the place to make a suggestion but I post it here thinking it will have the most visible exposure for the Carbonite Beta testers.

To help Rythal on this phase of his project I found over the years doing the following helps the most in getting any new changes, additons, etc with any addon to work properly or in Blizzard parlance, "working as intended".

First completely delete the old addon file. Please don't be lazy to simply overwrite the older version. You never know if anything is left over from the older version of an addon lurking within the new version.

Second, delete the Saved Variables (SV) part of Carbonite. Be aware there are 2 Carbonite SV's. One is the per character SV and there's the account SV as well.

I found doing this helps my sanity and the addon author's sanity and time as well.

As it happens, I forgot to delete the Carbonite SV file in one Beta version. When I deleted it so far (crosses fingers) Carbonite has been working.

Good luck all.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Suggestion on making this work