Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-02-08, 11:13 AM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
I know several of us have got the following error when mazzifying a new character under 2.4...

[2008/04/01 19:31:21-87-x1406]: DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:524: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

And although un-ticking DUF allows the rest of the mazzification to complete, you still have to re-mazzify with just DUF and you still get the error.

I think I may have managed to narrow down where the error is happening... the *only* button not correctly moved by DUF is the SmartBuff icon. On my level 1 Hunter it appears half-chopped off on the top of the screen under the FuBar bar. I don't know if it is failing on this one icon or on the step before?

Now... is this a problem with DUF, or is it due to the way MazzleUI calls DUF? I haven't done any digging around yet to see how DUF is told to move things.

In the meantime I'll try moving FuBar and seeing if I can drag the icon down, but I suspect it may hop back up there each time I re-mazzify each two levels to update button bars.

DUF has nothing to do with SmartBuff, but the Mazzifier does place the SmartBuff button above your player unit frame. If DUF was not mazzified, it was probably placing above the default DUF player unit frame position, which is at the top left of the screen. If your DUF is set up correctly now, remazzify your layout and it should re-position it correctly.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread