Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-10-08, 06:58 PM   #11
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's actually a feature of both JWU and WAU to do that. I believe both have the same problem. Also, tagging addons w/ .svn flags is not a very good practice. When they make updates to mods, they do it for good reason.

There are many reasons to use Bongos3 over version two. The biggest is in how the bars are created. Bongos3 actually support an arbitrary nunber of arbitrarily sized bars. Bongos2 does not, bar size is fixed to 120/(number of bars). Which is a problem when trying to setup MazzleUI to play nice with it. Also, Bongos3 has an incredibly improved configuration UI and process. Under the hood version three is way better than any previous version. From a user standpoint, Bongos3 is a lot simpler to use, has more features and properly implements several things added to the WoW client in recent patches.

It's also easier for other developers to setup; even though that wasn't a design consideration.
Oh i agree with that for the most part Aeth. If you go the route I do you Definitely need to pay attention to the updates and what they do for your setup. I run multi interface and wtf folders on multi systems keeping always a current updated version of my ui alongside the one I'm using and along with several dated backups. I modify most of the addons and the coding in them to get them to do what i want and how i want.
This is admittedly more than most gamers are going to be interested in doing but its just part of the fun for me. Fortunately MazzleUI has always been the best available IMHO and has required the least amount of tinkering on my part to get it to do what i want. I have a lot of friends who ask me for my UI and i always give them a flat no due to the fact Ive made so many alterations to all the orig addon creators work that i don't feel comfortable distributing it. Fortunately theres always Mazzle for me to point them too

As far as bongos3 goes, yeah i think they are on the right track there. Currently i run into a few conflicts with it in my testing that are unresolvable for the time being but expecting updates to correct in the near future. When that happens ill prob switch over to B3 as well.

And i find ace WAU to be just a bit more intelligent and forgiving than jwu.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread