03-11-09, 11:35 AM   #1
Rhaethe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Which UnitFrame Addon

Hey all

Which unitframe addon would I need to use to get my unitframes to look similar to the EQ2 default unitframes?

I've attached a sample from one of my old characters to give a visual if you've never played the game.

I'm also pondering on perhaps making my XP Bar look like the EQ2 one as well, but making the gold border black. Not sure which addon would do that, either.

And raid frames similar to EQ2's as well. Maybe?

I scrounged up an old screenie here: http://tinyurl.com/bmefnt

Thoughts?

Edited to add .. I'm pretty clever, but coding anything other than html makes me cry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unit.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	2348  Click image for larger version

Name:	expbar.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	2349  

Last edited by Rhaethe : 03-11-09 at 11:38 AM.
03-11-09, 11:49 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For the unit frames, grab Stuf and you can configure it to look that way. Make sure you also get the SharedMedia addon - there's a statusbar texture in there called Fifths that is similar to your screenshot.

For raid frames, try PerfectRaid (Stuf doesn't have raid frames).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-11-09, 11:53 AM   #3
Rhaethe

Got it. The SharedMedia addon is on curse? I could only find the Blizzard tagged one here.
03-11-09, 11:58 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Correct.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-11-09, 12:02 PM   #5
Rhaethe

Awesome Thanks much.

I keep getting advised to try Stuf out. I'll give it a whirl tonight. I'm really used to how aguf configs, hopefully Stuff won't be too convoluted.
03-11-09, 02:08 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, you can do it with agUF, too. I just wasn't sure if you were using a UF addon already or not.

03-11-09, 02:47 PM   #7
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I bet u can for sure do that with oUF, and it will work better but that requires some lua skills =P
03-11-09, 04:05 PM   #8
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I keep hearing about this Stuf character. It not having raid frames almost turns me off, but the only time I use them is when I join a BG and it's not like I need to see how those other people are doing, right?
03-11-09, 06:34 PM   #9
Rhaethe

Gave Stuf a try. And it's probably just me, but the slider bars to change width and etc were just too fiddly. Like, the tiniest touch would make it jump too far, and I couldn't actually just get simple increments.

I'm sure it was just me.

Shared Media is awesome.

The fifths texture wasn't exactly right in that it produced squared edges. The pill texture seemed good, but didn't have the "bubbles" separated out. LOL ... again, I'm sure I'm being picky.

I'll keep poking at it
03-11-09, 06:44 PM   #10
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Rhaethe View Post
Gave Stuf a try. And it's probably just me, but the slider bars to change width and etc were just too fiddly. Like, the tiniest touch would make it jump too far, and I couldn't actually just get simple increments.

I'm sure it was just me.

Shared Media is awesome.

The fifths texture wasn't exactly right in that it produced squared edges. The pill texture seemed good, but didn't have the "bubbles" separated out. LOL ... again, I'm sure I'm being picky.

I'll keep poking at it
You can probably enter numbers by clicking the current numbers.
03-11-09, 07:58 PM   #11
deke913
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Check out this one

I was reading your post and then went to the compilations page to check out some new interfaces and found what may be very similar to what your wanting, if not then just ignore this..lol.

Check out FiskUI in the graphical compilations page and see how close that is to what you want.

Just trying to help. :-)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Which UnitFrame Addon