04-23-09, 06:46 PM   #1
satterwc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

More minimap 'fun'

First.. thank you so much for making the node track icon size configurable. I like being able to see herbs to make money again.

Now.. the part that is driving me nucking futs..

The docking of the minimap seems random. The size of the minimap when it docks seems random. The "Minimap docks always" doesn't seem to do anything. I have my normal map frame (the small map that the minimap normally would have shown up in when I zoom in or out to a certain degree.. not sure how this works either) that is about 500px x 300px. Yesterday the minimap was taking up the entire left half of my map. Indoor.. outdoor.. didn't matter. Unchecking all of the 'Minimap docks xxx' options had no effect except on the maximized option. Today, I log in, and find my minimap TINY in the upper left corner of my small map. It is probably around 50x50.. which makes it pretty much useless.

What is messed up on my config? Is there some way to specify the size of the minimap subframe?

Thanks

04-23-09, 07:02 PM   #2
Darks BMA
A Kobold Labourer
I also have a question to add to this if I may. I just started docking the minimap and maybe I have something wrong but is it always black and like said always odd sizes very small or very large. Like for example when in a cave if it is not docked you can see your way around the cave up coming rooms and so on. When docked I cant tell what way is what. Is this the way it works or is there a way to change it.

04-26-09, 05:06 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There should be nothing random about why the minimap docks.

It always docks:
1 In indoor areas
2 When you scroll the map around and the minimap is no longer visible
3 When you zoom out too far (based on the setting) and it gets tiny in size
4 When you zoom in too far and the minimap cannot fix it the visible area
5 When you make it "Full Size"

The docked size is based on the "Docked Scale" slider.

The minimap has many limitations to it based on how Blizzard designed it and optimized it. When we put it in the Carbonite map, we have to work around those limitations.

04-26-09, 05:10 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When in indoor areas, the Blizzard minimap will show various pieces of indoor art. Addons cannot tell what indoor art is shown or the scale of that art, which is why we prefer to dock it, since whatever is being shown will not match the Carbonite map, which shows outdoor areas.

The minimap transparency is buggy and will randomly change when it is showing indoor areas, which is why the Carbonite default setting turns off minimap transparency when indoors, so you will be seeing a black background in the minimap.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 04-26-09 at 05:13 PM.

04-26-09, 09:32 PM   #5
satterwc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
There should be nothing random about why the minimap docks.

The docked size is based on the "Docked Scale" slider.
To be honest, I never knew that this slider existed until I went looking for it based upon your response. I never thought to right click looking for more options than were available from the menu. Thanks for at least getting me on the right track.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » More minimap 'fun'