05-14-09, 08:54 PM   #1
AwdBawl
A Fallenroot Satyr
Exclamation VerUI, Looking for Testers.

Yo! Perhaps some of you may remember my last thread concerning this UI. Based largely off of Menkt UI, VerUI has fixed some aesthetic issues, and is geared more towards DPS instead of healing. Much credit goes to Menkt for providing inspiration and a stable framework to get me started. Now let's get down to business. I was hoping I could persuade a few of you to try this thing out before I release it. Interested?

Things to keep in mind:
  • I do not use default keybindings. It is highly likely you will need to reset them to your preference.
  • I have this currently set up for (feral) Druids. This should not be much of a problem. I suggest enabling whatever Forte** class module your character is in the addons menu.
  • This is set for 1440x900 resolution. It should also fit nicely with 1680x1050. Anything smaller than 1440x900 may cause problems, as the UI scale is teeny weeny.
  • This comes with Carbonite, which I have disabled as default. Clique is also in there, but has no bound mouse clicks as default.
  • Many addons will need profile adjustments: Chinchilla, SLDataText, Bartender, Omen just to name a few. Look for [Verros - Undermine] in each respective addon's profile section. You WILL need to use the "/reload UI" command once or twice.
  • Since there were no replies in the last thread, I was left to my own imagination for improvements. The whole point of this process to get your opinions before I release it to the masses. TALK TO DADDY. Hell, you don't even have to test it to give me a thought. Just tell me if you think it sucks or not.

---ADDONS---
  • Ace3 - Mod core.
  • Align - Allows for symmetrical placement of frames.
  • Auctionator - Auction House aid.
  • Bartender4 - Custom actionbar layout.
  • BigWigs - Instance/Raid Boss Mod.
  • BlipStick - Better (mini)map blips/icons.
  • ButtonFacade - Custom actionbar look.
  • Carbonite 3.11 - Questing aid.
  • Chatter - Chat frame customization.
  • Chinchilla - Custom Minimap.
  • Clique - Links certain spells to specific mouse clicks on chosen frames.
  • DamnQuestIcons - Grays out incomplete quest "?'s" in a questgiver's dialogue.
  • EnhancedColorPicker - Allows for copying/pasting of custom colors between addons.
  • Examiner - More detailed player inspection.
  • ForteXorcist (and all class modules) -Spell timer and cooldown bars.
  • Gatherer - Mining/Herbalism aid.
  • Grid - Raid frames.
  • kgPanels - Custom background textures.
  • MikScrollingBattleText - Battle text.
  • Omen Threat Meter - ....Threat meter.
  • oRA2 - Raiding aid.
  • PitBull - Player frames.
  • Quartz - Casting bars and other mirror bars.
  • RatingBuster - Item comparisons.
  • ReadyCheck - Adds a simple /rc command for the ability.
  • Recount - Personal/Party performance meters.
  • RollTracker - Keeps track of rolls.
  • SatrinaBuffFrame - Buff frame.
  • SharedMedia - Shared textures/fonts between addons.
  • Skinner - Custom textures on most UI panels.
  • SLDataText - Informative text at the bottom of the screen.
  • Swatter - .lua bug catcher. Displays bugs in an informative manner.
  • Talented - WAY better talent addon.
  • TenOut - Another boss mod.
  • TipTac - Tooltip addon.
  • XLoot - Custom looting panel.

---PICTURES---

Party. No target selected and Omen in test mode. Recount..a stalwart reminder of one's lameness/1337ness.

Sparse raid demonstration. Default fits 25 snugly. Adding more (up to 40) is not an issue.

Mauling faces.

Mauling more faces.

---INSTALLATION---
  1. Open up your main World of Warcraft Folder.
  2. Make backup copies of your current Interface and WTF folders.
  3. Place backups in a safe and easy-to-remember location.
  4. Rename your current Interface and WTF folders. Something like "Interface[OLD]" will do.
  5. Open up my UI's .zip folder, and decompress/extract its Interface and WTF folders into your World of Warcraft folder.
  6. Go into the new VerUI WTF folder, and proceed through the Account folder located within.
  7. Rename the folder titled "YOURACCOUNT" to whatever username your account is. I keep it in capital letters because I'm paranoid.
  8. Go into your newly renamed account folder, and rename the folder titled "YourServer" to whatever realm you play on with the character you plan to use this UI with. The name's slightly misleading; I was tired. Sue me.
  9. Go into your newly renamed realm folder and rename the folder titled "YourCharacter" to whatever character you'd like this UI to apply to.
  10. ?????
  11. PROFIT

---DOWNLOAD---
(Finally, inorite? Also I'm retarded for not noticing the attachments manager. Thank you Seerah.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip VerUI.zip (12.39 MB, 112 views)

Last edited by AwdBawl : 05-16-09 at 02:08 PM. Reason: I'm dumb.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » VerUI, Looking for Testers.