01-25-06, 02:42 PM   #1
Jamash
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question StatRings - Full Circle option?

I really like StatRings, but the old version I was using was a bit buggy. I updated to the newest development version, which looks fantastic and doesn't have the frame parenting issue the old one did. However, it doesn't make full-circle rings anymore, which makes me sad. Any chance of an option to enable full-circle concentric rings like the way it was before?

I liked knowing that a full circle was 100% and any given fraction of a circle was exactly that fraction of 100%. Now I have to guesstimate what fraction a given length of arc is. Although I haven't tried the new style for more than a few minutes, it's possible I can get used to it.

Anyway, thanks for the great work you've done!
01-25-06, 03:41 PM   #2
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Jamash
I really like StatRings, but the old version I was using was a bit buggy. I updated to the newest development version, which looks fantastic and doesn't have the frame parenting issue the old one did. However, it doesn't make full-circle rings anymore, which makes me sad. Any chance of an option to enable full-circle concentric rings like the way it was before?

I liked knowing that a full circle was 100% and any given fraction of a circle was exactly that fraction of 100%. Now I have to guesstimate what fraction a given length of arc is. Although I haven't tried the new style for more than a few minutes, it's possible I can get used to it.

Anyway, thanks for the great work you've done!
Absolutely! I just went for partial rings now because they're a lot more generally acceptable, and they look 'cooler' 8-) If you're patient then eventually I'll have gotten to that part of the layout in my ongoing configuration efforts, if you're not, then I recommend opening up the code and changing a couple of things:

In StatRingsUnitFrame.lua, at the very top, is a structure called RINGLAYOUT_SPLIT.

First, change the scale of one of the two rings to 0.9 or less (leave the other one at 1.0).

Second, change maxAngle to 360
Third, change startAngle to 0

You can also play with the reversed status of the rings, but if you do you'll likely also have to alter the GetHealthAngle and GetManaAngle to compensate (specifically the second return value)
01-30-06, 06:26 AM   #3
Jamash
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wahoo! Now I have it set up to display two semicircles:

maxAngle = 180,
startAngle = 180,

I like it a lot, even better than the full circles. Thanks for the tip!
01-30-06, 12:32 PM   #4
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Since you're an "alternative ring user", I have an opinion question for you -- How would you most want to adjust ring sizes/starts in a configuration UI?

Choices are:

A) Draggable Control Points:

A control point for each of start, end, and middle, which you can drag to adjust the angle (start and end do the actual work, middle moves both). Key bindings for fine-grained control.

B) A panel with value sliders:

Sliders for size and offset.

I'm thinking everyone would want (A), but wanted to make sure 8-)
02-26-06, 01:05 PM   #5
qwertyui
An Aku'mai Servant
(A) seems more user friendly

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Iriel's Castle » StatRings - Full Circle option?