Jamash
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation StatRings - Parenting

In the latest preview of Statrings, 0.11dev, in the file StatRingsUnitFrame.xml

<Frame name="StatRingsCluster" parent="WorldFrame"

and

<Anchor point="CENTER" relativeTo="WorldFrame"

Those should be "UIParent" instead of "WorldFrame". Using "WorldParent" causes the rings to remain when the UI is hidden, which I do a lot to take screenshots.
01-30-06, 07:36 AM   #2
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This was a change that Iriel made quite early on into the dev process of StatRings, because people were moving and re-sizing the WorldFrame. If you parent the rings to UIParent, then they won't be in the center of the screen, unless everyone centers their viewport.

I suppose you could hook UIParent:Hide() and hide the statrings at that time, and show them on the Show(), but that's something Iriel will have to decide =). Just wanted to let you know that it wasn't a bug, but a feature =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-30-06, 12:29 PM   #3
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Cladhaire's summary is correct, the change was made due to feedback from those who were changing their world frame viewport and it was a quick fix there, and also because some folks want it to stay when the UI is hidden.

It's only really a problem because a few bits of code that take care of all the show hide stuff are missing right now, since I'm not done yet.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Iriel's Castle » StatRings - Parenting