10-16-09, 08:32 AM   #1
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
BadGuild/ BadAppleTrees

Ability to add guild to "ninjalootlist"

make those ninjas work a bit harder to stay off ninjalists!
& keep track of what guilds take in ninjas, a small step towards a better pug future.
10-16-09, 10:13 AM   #2
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by zoktar View Post
Ability to add guild to "ninjalootlist"

make those ninjas work a bit harder to stay off ninjalists!
& keep track of what guilds take in ninjas, a small step towards a better pug future.
hear hear!!! zoktar for president!!!

seriously tho, lil kids (or even mature adults, who knows!!) that invite random ppl to come raid with their guilds, only to master loot and give all loot to only their own guilds, should def be shot down by the community!!

if it wernt for the pugs you invited, your guild would not have won any loot!!

no im not speaking of loot rules being defined b4 hand, im talking about straight up ninjalooting, simply not letting anyone roll, its all given to their guilds!!

just because YOU deem someone to not be worthy of loot, therefor they don't get fair roll for it?? if they were such a bad player, you should have replaced them b4 you got to the boss and killed it WITH their help!!!

more community involvement via an add-on to protect us from greedy players like this, would definitely be a plus!!

thank you zartok for bringing up this!!! and you have my vote!!
10-17-09, 03:15 PM   #3
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The biggest problems with these sorts of addons is, where would you host the database of the millions of people who'd be reported. And also, how would you police it? There are skads of websites of ways of identifying these types of players, but all are dependent on someone else reporting them. How do you know that that report is accurate and not someone with a bone to pick?

Example, on my server recently, someone went into trade chat and called out a shaman for ninja looting. After people asked for specifics, it came out that the master looter had called for main spec rolls and the shaman hadn't caught that, had rolled off spec and the master looter traded it over. And apparently, they even offered to give the item to the person who was calling everyone a ninja and he declined. So... who would you report in that situation? The person who won but declined getting the item but upset anyways? The shaman who mis-rolled? The master looter for wrongly passing an item? And before anyone asks, no, the master looter and the shaman were not in the same guild.

EDIT: If you want a way of tracking them yourself (ie: non-community related), try http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Badapples.html
10-17-09, 03:49 PM   #4
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by harrellj View Post
The biggest problems with these sorts of addons is, where would you host the database of the millions of people who'd be reported. And also, how would you police it? There are skads of websites of ways of identifying these types of players, but all are dependent on someone else reporting them. How do you know that that report is accurate and not someone with a bone to pick?

Example, on my server recently, someone went into trade chat and called out a shaman for ninja looting. After people asked for specifics, it came out that the master looter had called for main spec rolls and the shaman hadn't caught that, had rolled off spec and the master looter traded it over. And apparently, they even offered to give the item to the person who was calling everyone a ninja and he declined. So... who would you report in that situation? The person who won but declined getting the item but upset anyways? The shaman who mis-rolled? The master looter for wrongly passing an item? And before anyone asks, no, the master looter and the shaman were not in the same guild.

EDIT: If you want a way of tracking them yourself (ie: non-community related), try http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Badapples.html
list would be private ofc, but would still help us avoiding playing with bad players, guilds. ei, nothings changed but the addition of adding guilds also, warning "us" when where playin with a badguild. i like to pug alot, but i hate it when i end up getting saved in some ninja pug. this would help me atleast to not pug with that guild/person again. aswell as my friends.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » BadGuild/ BadAppleTrees