10-17-09, 04:52 PM   #1
quazzi58
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Combat Targets Frame

Im looking for / requesting an addon the would show all Mobs currently in a combat.

Im having an issue Targeting the next target when tanking or DPSing. I know you currently cannot make a way to target Icons but I figured if you could at least have a frame that would show all targets currently in combat I could easily click to the next one i need to start dps or tanking.

Does this exist??

If it doesn't then

/request
10-17-09, 07:08 PM   #2
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One of the few ways you can do this is with raid frames that show targets of the raid members. Dynamically generated frames that show current targets (http://www.wowace.com/addons/magic-targets/) cannot allow for clicking to target due to limits implemented by Blizzard.

There was another, similar, addon that I liked better, but I can't seem to find it anymore.
10-18-09, 12:35 AM   #3
quazzi58
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hmmm. Strange i figured that

Blizzards thing that was implemented wouldn't effect things like Mob Targets in combat. Thats why Target of Target Bars work.?
10-18-09, 01:39 AM   #4
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Those types of bars are basically pre-configured with a special token. The unit assigned to them is specific, even though the object of that token can be varied.

For example, if you were to define a frame's unit as "Bob", it would only be valid for that character or NPC. However, if you define it as "target" and "Bob" is the current target, "target" becomes a link to "Bob".

The types of frames you're asking for require references to specific units, instead of a link. The only way to get around that would be to create new links, which (so far as I can find) Blizzard doesn't allow. Such frames can be created and made clickable, but only outside of combat. Blizzard doesn't want us dynamically assigning frames in combat as that over simplifies part of the game.
10-18-09, 06:16 AM   #5
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

hmm... why do i recall back in the BC raiding days of my toons, that a mod actually let you assign ppl to a "tank/main assist list" and you could "click" on their targets at any given time, in combat or out?

oi, my guild made it even mandatory to use said mod and said feature, to make encounters easier on CCers.. (yeah, we used to CC back in the old days!! LOL)

was it ORA?.. no... hmmm.. brb.. looking it up...

OH OH!! it was RDX!!! now labeled OpenRDX...

the feature I am refering to is just a small part of what this monster is capable of, be warned if trying it out, that this mod can handle MUCH more then a clickable target of target list ^^
10-18-09, 11:44 AM   #6
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
oRA and CT_RA both do something like this, but (if I remember right) such assignments must be made outside of combat.

Standard Main Tank and Main Assist, though, are special designations by Blizzard and so can be assigned whenever.
10-18-09, 11:51 AM   #7
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

yup, correct, however, the point is he could have the entire raid in the list from OpenRDX if so desired, and it would then let him click on each and every persons target ^_^ (unlike magictargets)
10-18-09, 11:58 AM   #8
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
There's a number of ways to get every person's target, but I don't think that's what he was asking for.

Most raid frames allow for the display of your raid/party member targets. But from the sound of it he's asking for a consolidated list, not a display of raid/party targets next to their frame.
10-18-09, 01:10 PM   #9
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

nope, he isnt asking for ppl in the raids, however he is looking to target the "next" target in combat, and if that is in a group setting, most likely the main assist/tank would have the next target available via this addon..

but if HE is the main assist/tank... well then, i dunno... his issue is the whole reason i myself refuse to tank/main assist ; ; i simply cannot target fast enuff and have not found a mod to help me do what he needs as a main assist/tank ; ;
10-18-09, 07:30 PM   #10
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
We're dancing around the same answers

MT/MA handlers are common. Most any unit frame can handle them (even the default Blizzard frames handle them), and, yes, that includes OpenRDX.

Assuming he is not the MT/MA or the raid does not make use of these, no, there is no way to have a consolidated list of targets currently involved in combat that is clickable. The closest you can get are target frames for your raid members and assumes one of them has the mob targeted.
10-19-09, 01:53 AM   #11
quazzi58
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
lol yeah i know what a MainTank and Assist tank and Target of target I currently Run 30+ addons have been for a long time. But as a main Tank people rely on you for their next target so I don't want to have to click on someone else to get the target i want to click the target myself.

I understand why blizzard would not want you to be able to dynamically create a list but on that note Is there an addon that lets you populate a list before combat?

So I could setup my targets before combat begins. Which if I read correctly would allow me to click them in combat because they were populated before combat not through a dynamic name call system.
10-19-09, 06:54 AM   #12
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I wish!!! i would be able to play something other then a healer/dps role if this kind of addon existed !!!
10-20-09, 10:37 AM   #13
quazzi58
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I mean does anyone have any idea if this is possible to create?

I think an addon like this would be EXTREMELY popular.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Combat Targets Frame