12-13-09, 12:20 AM   #1
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CFM - New Instance Issue

User reported a bug for CFM that I can't fix and wasn't present back when I was still actively playing (around 3.1 if I recall correctly).

CFM's Relevant Code

Frames Reported and Testing: MainMenuBar, MultiBarRight

When users log in, these move to their saved locations via CFM just fine. However, when a user enters an instance, the bars are back to Blizz's default positions and won't budge until a /reload or a user changes a setting via the GUI (which snaps the frames where they're SUPPOSED to be).

My first guess: These elements were now LoD, like the Achievement Frame, requiring me to add the proper code checks. Doesn't appear that this is the case.

Second: Elements weren't being loaded correctly, proven wrong by other frames moving when entering instance while they stayed put.

Third: Possible time delay issues, increase delay with no results.

Fourth: Coded timer wrong? Manually reset timer immediately in OnUpdate before its compared, nothing.

Fifth: Search wowwiki for API changes, find nothing.

Sixth: Seek outside help for undocumented/unnoticed changes for some light on the subject. (current step)

As I said, it all worked when it was first released with no issues so I have no clue what the hell is going on.

Insight?

Last edited by Sythalin : 12-14-09 at 10:36 AM.
12-13-09, 12:23 AM   #2
Sythalin
Curse staff

Also to note, the frames don't move even when the user exits an instance either.
12-13-09, 07:30 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For your number one above, those files have always shown as .pub to me, but those aren't the ones you can look at anyway. You need the AddOn kit to extract the Blizzard files.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-13-09, 08:49 PM   #4
Sythalin
Curse staff

Yeah, I'm totally confused by this still. Last testing was placing the frame adjustment loop directly after "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD", adding a temporary "PLAYER_ALIVE" event, and doing a print(event). In both events, it printed that both "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" and "PLAYER ALIVE", but it still didn't execute the direct loop even:
Code:
if (event == "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD") or (event == "PLAYER_ALIVE") then
    for k,_ in pairs(activeProfile) do
Needless to say, I'm completely baffled now.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » CFM - New Instance Issue