12-20-09, 09:07 AM   #1
Smernviki
A Murloc Raider
Question Spell Icon in Castbar

Hi,

I've been fiddling around with OpenRDX for the last couple of days, and so far I've created my own player Unitframe, and a Castbar. I'm planning to completely rebuild my UI with OpenRDX. I'm not a pro with OpenRDX yet, so it's mostly trial and error, but so far I've got it working. I'll upload it one day, so you can comment on it

My problem at the moment is that I have no clue how to add a spell icon to my castbar. I've found that the SpellInfo variable gives you a spell_icon variable which you can input in some other things, but I haven't found out how to get the correct spellicon in my castbar, while I'm casting spells

If anyone can just tell me which building pieces to use I'll probably find out how it works.

Thanks in advance,
Kiwii.
12-20-09, 11:43 PM   #2
r3d3
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm not in-game atm, but off the top of my head, show/hide texture with spell_icon as the texture and castingorchanneling as the condition?
12-21-09, 06:21 AM   #3
Smernviki
A Murloc Raider
Thanks, I'll try that!
12-21-09, 06:33 AM   #4
Smernviki
A Murloc Raider
The 'Show/Hide Texture'-function asks me to specify a Target Texture. I assume I will have to create that target texture first.

I can't find a function to which I can assign a texture-variable such as spell_icon. I've tried to just take the ClassIcon-function, and assign the spell_icon variable to that with the 'Apply Texture'-function, but that doesn't work, as I can't select the 'Class Icon'-function in the 'Apply Texture' Target texture dropdown box.

If I just use the 'Texture'-function, I can't assign a variable such as spell_info. All I can assign are just existing textures from the Mediapack.

Can anyone help me solve my problem?
12-21-09, 08:00 AM   #5
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
You need to add a Texture feature (in the Textures category).

I should rename this as Custom Texture.

Do not use the shader "Apply Texture" as it is already present in the "Bar and text timer shader".

Add a custom texture, from the "Bar and text timer shader" you can apply the texture by selecting the texture variable.
12-21-09, 03:26 PM   #6
Smernviki
A Murloc Raider
Great, thanks that worked!

Now, I've got another question

Is there any way I can skin the spell_icon I just put in front of my castingbar with say the Apathy skin?

Just selecting the skin in the Texture spell_icon is now assigned too through Bar and Text Timer Shader doesn't work, but I'm sure there is some way to do it.

Edit: I've been playing around with the Blend Mode feature on the spell_icon Texture I've created to assign spell_icon too.
I've selected a button skin, such as Apathy or Caith, and tried some of the blend modes to alter the spell_icon.

None of them work though, only the MOD function has some effect, it blackens the icon entirely. If there wasany way to make the original spell_icon as a clean square without borders I could use another texture as an overlay. I don't know how to get rid of the borders though, nor how to assign a button skin to my spell_icon if that's even possible. Can anyone tell me how to do this, or if it's even possible?

Thanks for the help in advance, again!

Last edited by Smernviki : 12-22-09 at 02:08 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Spell Icon in Castbar