02-13-06, 03:13 PM   #1
T.King
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Interface Art Theme & Addon Compatibility Initiative

Interface Art Theme & Addon Compatibility Initiative

*Note: My Interface Art Themes work with all Addons, the issue is that some Addons have custom panels, or make major changes to the default UI, as to cause my themes to not cover all parts of the UI.

I'm looking into a possible Addon that would allow all of my ui graphical themes to work, that is; to prevent partial skin coverage on various custom panels, when using Addons that alter the default UI layout considerably. Hopefully, it will work in such a way as to allow users to switch between themes through the Addon's menu, or a custom menu in-game. My first order of business is full theme coverage using Cosmos, then Titan Panel, and so-on.

I've only just started modding the WoW UI end of 2005, and many popular Addons have become a main-stay for many players for some time now. So it makes sense to look for ways to allow these themes to work with custom interface panels.

If any Addon authors are interested in helping find solutions to make ui themes work with their Addon(s), please contact me at [email protected]. I have been working on graphic packs that contain what is necessary to make most Addons work with theme graphics, but I feel an Addon that could be toggled on/off would be more appropriate. Some Addon authors may not want to edit graphics.

Best Regards,

T.King

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]
03-08-06, 08:20 PM   #2
T.King
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
*** Quick update on this ***

• I'm currently learning my way around LUA. Not terribly difficult, just time consuming.
  • The solution for the skins, was to make them Addons, user-selectable. This would allow players to switch skins on the fly (hopefully I can get this to work while in-game!)
  • I'll be releasing soon, "Castle - Dark Edition", this is self-explanatory. *This isn't suppose to be my next major theme release.
  • Undead Gothic, Elfwood and Winterwood are getting major overhauls *to version 2.0. We'll be adding a substantial amount of panel/art coverage. These enhancements include improvements all around.

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Interface Art Theme & Addon Compatibility Initiative