01-19-10, 10:15 AM   #21
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
as seerah said, what your asking is doing randoms of your choice, wich ofc would totally collapse the idea of using the random dungeon finder.

If you dislike healing some instances, then use the specific hc bit instead of random, you can choose what you want to do then

Besides, everyone in the game sooner or later does an instance they hate/dislike, but queing for randoms and then choose wich not to go and wich you wanna go, please dont because a lot of people get annoyed from you if you leave the second you enter, and it gives you a bad reputation.

wich eventually will result in people kicking you the moment they can.
01-23-10, 07:19 AM   #22
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
WoW doesn't tell you what dungeon is until it starts loading the dungeon.
I don't think it's even possible to detect it at all.
Originally Posted by cloudwolf View Post
The only time it gives you the name is when you select from the list which dungeons you want to queue for. I highly doubt they provide the info for which dungeon you randomed before you get in.
Confirmed...
The function to retrieve info about a random dungeon LFD has matched you to, GetLFGProposal(), only returns "Random Dungeon" or "Random Heroic Dungeon" for the dungeon name in this case.
01-23-10, 08:31 AM   #23
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm actually considering making a pre-emptive ignore addon

Idea being it will automatically put the other 4 members on ignore list the moment you zone in and remove them 2mins (configurable) later if they're still in the party.

I don't really want to group with instant leavers again in the future.

Last edited by Dridzt : 01-23-10 at 08:35 AM.
01-23-10, 02:14 PM   #24
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I'm actually considering making a pre-emptive ignore addon

Idea being it will automatically put the other 4 members on ignore list the moment you zone in and remove them 2mins (configurable) later if they're still in the party.
You might want to go at this from another approach, since putting someone on ignore suppresses all communication from that person. A better idea would be to take a snapshot of who's in your party when you enter and for the first couple mins, watch for the party changed event and rescan for who left, then react with putting them on ignore.
01-23-10, 09:01 PM   #25
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Erm ... how are you going to ignore a cross-server char after they already left the party?

Also note I said a 2min (or less: user configurable interval).
In my experience most leavers bail in the first 10 seconds.

I don't think a lack of communication for 1-2mins will have any impact on the party most times.
I am only interested in catching that special breed that leaves immediately on zoning in.
01-24-10, 03:07 PM   #26
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It'll still let you ignore them using AddIgnore("name-server") as long as they're in the same battlegroup your server is on regardless of whether or not you're in a group with them. Make sure there is no space before and after the hyphen, otherwise the server will try to look up the name with the space at the end on a server with a space at the beginning. The server name as the second return by UnitName() is fine.

Note: The cross-realm dungeons only operate within your battlegroup. This practically cancels out the limitation on AddIgnore() since the only players you can group with is within the same limitation.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 01-24-10 at 03:16 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Random dungeon finder view