02-24-10, 07:43 AM   #1
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
rdx using the blizzard-combatlog ?

yesterday, while looking for options to optimize my ui's performance, i found the blizzard-combatlog-window. i never use that, and it is processing a huge number of events in raid-combat, so i thought hey, why not disable it completely. so what i did was create a new autoexec script with the following code:
Code:
COMBATLOG:SetScript("OnUpdate", nil)
COMBATLOG:SetScript("OnEvent", nil)
COMBATLOG:SetScript("OnShow", nil)
COMBATLOG:SetScript("OnHide", nil)
CombatLogUpdateFrame:SetScript("OnUpdate", nil)

COMBATLOG:UnregisterAllEvents()
CombatLogUpdateFrame:UnregisterAllEvents()
this does work, and the combatlog window now processes no events at all

now, i added this to an autoexec script, reloged, and my complete ui was gone, no rdx frames at all. since it worked when i manually called that script after the ui was fully loaded, i delayed it a bit in the autoexec script (moved the code to a function and called that via VFL.ZMSchedule with a delay of 0.1) and after that rdx loads as expected.

now the question is: why does it kill rdx if i call that script in an autoexec with no delay? how does rdx use the blizzard combatlog window so that it does not load without it ?
02-27-10, 07:02 PM   #2
unlimit
Lookin' Good

Originally Posted by Brainn View Post
yesterday, while looking for options to optimize my ui's performance, i found the blizzard-combatlog-window. i never use that, and it is processing a huge number of events in raid-combat, so i thought hey, why not disable it completely. so what i did was create a new autoexec script with the following code:
Code:
COMBATLOG:SetScript("OnUpdate", nil)
COMBATLOG:SetScript("OnEvent", nil)
COMBATLOG:SetScript("OnShow", nil)
COMBATLOG:SetScript("OnHide", nil)
CombatLogUpdateFrame:SetScript("OnUpdate", nil)

COMBATLOG:UnregisterAllEvents()
CombatLogUpdateFrame:UnregisterAllEvents()
this does work, and the combatlog window now processes no events at all

now, i added this to an autoexec script, reloged, and my complete ui was gone, no rdx frames at all. since it worked when i manually called that script after the ui was fully loaded, i delayed it a bit in the autoexec script (moved the code to a function and called that via VFL.ZMSchedule with a delay of 0.1) and after that rdx loads as expected.

now the question is: why does it kill rdx if i call that script in an autoexec with no delay? how does rdx use the blizzard combatlog window so that it does not load without it ?
Isn't the combat log necessary for RDX to run? Or does RDX handle anything that calls to damage, threat, healing, spells, items, abilities, and boss yells, all on it's own? I thought it monitored the combat log itself in real time.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
02-28-10, 07:32 AM   #3
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
there are 2 different things, the "real" combatlog events aka COMBATLOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED, and the blizzard combatlog that is displayed in the second chat-tab. you allways get the _UNFILTERED events, wich contain everything that happens, the blizzard combatlog (the part im disabling) is just a complex script to a) create filters over the _UNFILTERED events, you then get those as another event, and b) display those filtered events in a way "normal" people that dont know the event details can read and understand them.

rdx should not use the filtered events, since the user could alter the filter at any time and remove needed events through this, and it does work if i disable the combatlog window after the desktop is initiallized for the first time, so it seems like the blizzard combatlog window is accessed sometime during the loading process, but i dont understand when and why.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » rdx using the blizzard-combatlog ?