09-23-10, 10:40 PM   #1
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Minimap buttons - showing dots

Hi,

I'm using the button window, to collect all of my buttons. But I'm experiencing a problem.

Dots are showing in between my other buttons. See this picture:

Does anyone have an explanation as to why this is happening, and furthermore - a solution

Thanks in advance.

09-24-10, 02:46 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

That would be due to another map-altering addon you're using. Try to turn off any other map-enhancing addons, and see if that helps. If it does, you should either try to fiddle with that addon's settings, or ask its author for a workaround / fix.

If you are using the Carbonite and default Blizzard maps separately, you can uncheck the function of Carb's to catch minimap buttons and put them in a minimap button window. The reason these dots and arrows appear on the list is because another addon adds them to the map, and the only way to add things to the map is to add minimap buttons with specific graphics, which the addon then controls with respect to angle and distance from center. Since they're minimap buttons, Carb catches them.

Last edited by Jigain : 09-24-10 at 02:49 AM.

09-24-10, 08:34 AM   #3
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for the answer.
I'll test my addon's and see which one is interfering with carb.

09-24-10, 09:27 AM   #4
ciffor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Follow-up:

I figured out that the green arrow amongst the other buttons, is WoW's own arrow, when pointing to a quest. I've been trying to figure out how to disable it, but with no luck.

Perhaps you can help me once again?

09-24-10, 05:59 PM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Just don't track quests.

Open Blizzard's default log (ALT+L) and shift-click (I think) the tracked quest.

For a more permanent solution, I'd suggest looking for the option in the Blizzard interface menu. Not quite sure which section it's under, I'm afraid.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap buttons - showing dots