11-24-10, 06:50 AM   #1
TheArtOfWar
A Murloc Raider
Stuf Unit Frames PROBLEM!!!

This yellow box defines the area how I can move the certain frame and the most importantly where do I need to click to get target.

I've been trying to search everywhere how to change the size of that yellow box to match the unitframes which doesn't only includes the Party1 I have selected.

&

I tried width, x position etc but still cant get it to match the frames which was the only option to resize that yellow box.
11-24-10, 07:41 AM   #2
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
looks like you need to resize the actual frame. Have you tried that? Should be under the main party options.
11-24-10, 07:51 AM   #3
TheArtOfWar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
looks like you need to resize the actual frame. Have you tried that? Should be under the main party options.
Yeah tried it with party frame and I was thinking that I need to do that which would be immense amount of work to resize them all(as it screws almoust everything), but it was still a bit off.

Like I could resize the yellow box with the same height as the party 1 frame but not the width. I don't know im clueless atm... cant even describe my problem well enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMv8z63Xhu8

In this video at around 0:11 he actually moves the yellow box. too bad he doesnt show it or talk anything about it in the basic tutorial(2nd video that I could find about stuf @ youtube).
11-24-10, 08:36 AM   #4
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

is the yellow box the border around the party frame? You should be able to resize all 4 of the party members at once. if you change the first party member the rest will follow.

In the party member screen there is a width, height and then you have your X and Y coordinates where you want the frame to go. Do you know what menu im talking about? I can show you around lunch time 12:45 eastern when i get home for my lunch break from work if you ahven't already figured it out.
11-24-10, 10:24 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

That's the "Party1" frame - You just have to use the X-Pos, Y-Pos, Height, and Width spots that are shown in your screenshot to make the proper modifications to it's size and position.

Yes, it'll end up moving everything else you do, too - they're all anchored to the top left corner of the base frame, so when you move the base frame, it moves all the bars/texts/etc.

Last edited by Taryble : 11-24-10 at 10:29 AM.
11-24-10, 12:41 PM   #6
TheArtOfWar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
is the yellow box the border around the party frame? You should be able to resize all 4 of the party members at once. if you change the first party member the rest will follow.

In the party member screen there is a width, height and then you have your X and Y coordinates where you want the frame to go. Do you know what menu im talking about? I can show you around lunch time 12:45 eastern when i get home for my lunch break from work if you ahven't already figured it out.
<3 from your assistance, but it smells like I have the small knowledge needed to do that.. just lots & LOOOTS of repositioning and sizing... I've spent 2 days with the UI and I feel like having a break... full days Seems like theres no "easy" way to do this...
11-24-10, 07:02 PM   #7
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

This is the spot im talking about. Move the slider for the X position to move it left or right. And move the slider for the y position to move it up or down.

If you fix party one the rest of the others will fix along with it.
11-24-10, 07:58 PM   #8
Lordyfrb
A Cliff Giant
You'd also have to reposition each element of the party frame to fit with in the box.

For Example if you change the height of the yellow box(party frame) to match the height of the displayed stuff.
Then go into each part of the party frame i.e. the health bar, and change the X Position to something close to 0, then do change the rest for the elements x positions to match.

Then you should be able to go back the party1 options and change the width to match the displayed stuff.

Hope I was clear enough, if not I'm sure some one else would be able to explained it better!
11-24-10, 08:54 PM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

What he's saying (and what I said a different way earlier), is this:

In StUF, you place the "yellow box" on the screen. Everything else that goes with that "yellow box" is positioned based on where the "yellow box" is.

So if your base frame is at (100,450) (X,Y coordinates, just like in math class), and your Health Bar is at (0,-1), then your health bar is on your screen at (100,449).

(0,0) for StUF is the top left corner, I believe. But (0,0) for, say, the Player frame, is at the top-left corner of the "base frame".

In other words, everything is placed relative to the item it "hangs" from. :-)
11-30-10, 07:40 PM   #10
Kendian
A Molten Giant

yellow box

Actually he has highlight toggled, so whatever he has clicked atm is going to highlight.....with a big yellow box.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Stuf Unit Frames PROBLEM!!!