05-09-06, 02:45 AM   #1
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Drathal's HUD (DHUD)

Hiya,

i forgot to create a Thread for DHUD to Discuss Bugs and Feature Requests. So here it is

I also have some news about DHUD 0.9. At the moment im alpha testing DHUD 0.9. I did a complete rewrite. When im finished with the DHUD core i have to rewrite the slash eventhandler and have to do a new Config screen.
This new features will be in DHUD 0.9:
  • 2 base Layouts, one with Player HP / Mana at left and one the "old" way.
  • Option to change Bar Colors
  • resting icon (option to disable also)
  • elite / rare icon (option to disable also)
  • player pvp icon (option to disable also)
  • target pvp icon (option to disable also)
  • option to reverse Casting bar
  • separate option to enable DHUD Casting bar and disable Blizz. Castingbar
  • Option to swap Auras position
  • First step of the Skin/Layout System
  • removed zoning code. Because some ZoningTime Addons break DHUD
  • new Variables System for Textboxes.
  • pet Happiness indicator (option to disable also)
    Sample: "<color_hp><hp_value></color> <color>999999(</color><hp_percent><color>999999)</color>"
    This will show : 1000 (33%)

There will be Vars for:
    <casttime> <casttime_delay> <spellname> <casttime_remain>
    <hp_percent> <hp_value> <hp_max> <hp_diff>
    <mp_percent> <mp_value> <mp_max> <mp_diff>
    <name> <level> <elite> <type> <class> <pet> <npc> <faction> <combopoints> <pvp>
    <pvp_rank> <raidgroup>
    <color></color> <color_level> <color_class> <color_reaction> <color_hp> <color_mp>
  • and maybe some other Features i forgot to remember
I think in 1-2 Weeks i will start a open beta test, because of the complete rewrite.

Another Thing im thinking of is ACEing DHUD. Until now i thought an extra Decency would not be good for DHUD. But ACE would help be Develop DHUD a bit faster i think. What do you think?

I also created a Author Portal for DHUD: here

Ciao
Drathal
05-09-06, 03:41 AM   #2
Rayfack
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Drathal, your HUD is kick ass! It runs smoothly, with minimal hassle and just gets the job done beautifully. The new features that you're working on sound excellent! Please let me know if you'd like some assistance testing it. As for ACEing it, I say go for it. I have to admit, before last week, I had never used ACE before as I saw it as added "junk." HOWEVER, I've swiftly learned how wonderful ACE actually is and how great the add-ons that utilize it actually are. My UI memory usage has nearly gone in half, my UI lag very low, and the ACE add-ons just run without hassle. Sure there are a few kinks here and there, but the authors update & bug fix them within days, if not hours.
05-09-06, 08:20 AM   #3
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Well, and option I would love to see implented would be an enemy casting bar, just as you can see you'r own casting at the mana, i'd love the same time for the enemie on his/her mana bar.

Other than that, it is working splendid
05-16-06, 07:20 AM   #4
enemi
A Kobold Labourer
hey

the mod is most awesome although i have a little problem with it.
i like to experiment and move tihngs around and well, i use discord frame modifier for that, it has this great tool called frame finder, which when activated shows what frames can be found being mouseovered.
i recently reorganized my ui and the only way things could fit together if i could remove, or move the playerhp % player mana % targethp % and target mana %. dfm's frame finder cannot catch the name of the frames these 'texts' use.
now i saw some discordart custom layouts that would dinamically move these texts to the top of the bars, but that i not possible with the standalone mod anymore if i'm not mistaken.

could you please help me move those texts?

thank you and keep up the good work.
05-16-06, 11:07 AM   #5
Golonator
A Kobold Labourer
I am using DHUD since day 1 and still love it. Thanx for this great Mod! But one thing really annoys me:

Sometimes it doesn't hide, even when I am full regged and outofcombat (I set NoCombatAlpha to 0). I simply doesn't refresh its alpha value. After some fighting, things are ok again, but it happens once in an hour that this bug occurs. Anybody else got his problem?
05-20-06, 06:25 AM   #6
spot
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for a great mod, but I have a few issues

1. Hunter FeignDeath will loose the hp number display of the target

2. When you have died in an instance (ie BWL, MC etc) it is nice to still be able to see the HP of the boss you have targeted, as its likely that it will be killed before you release spirit.
I need to have a copy of Discord Unit Frames running to do this

3. I would LOVE to see a marked fade rather than the animation you have now (or at least the option) ie - when a mob hits you for 500, it changes 500 of the bar to another color, then fades that (Like discord) Playing a healer it really helps to see how hard ppl are being hit.

Send me a mail if you dont know what im going on about Thanks again for DHUD, its great

Last edited by spot : 05-20-06 at 07:39 AM.
05-20-06, 06:49 AM   #7
rberry88
Premium Member
IMHO, simply the best graphical HUD with options that I have come across. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it.
05-20-06, 08:19 AM   #8
Amafi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Awesome HUD,best I've ever used,and the new planned features sound awesome.

As for Ace,I wouldn't mind at all,as I have it installed for a bunch of other addons already,
and I would assume most people do,what with fubar and KCI and all the other popular Ace addons that are around.
So if it makes your job developing your addon faster/easier,I say go for it.
05-22-06, 05:56 AM   #9
lordxar
A Defias Bandit
One more satisfied customer.

I am in love with this mod, it is VERY good!!!!

MAD props man )

As for issues, I have noticed none in terms of bugs, works really well for me.

Improvements:

the suggestion of showing the amount hit for by changing it's color -> then fade it away sounds great. hope you can include that, if only as an option.
05-22-06, 06:20 AM   #10
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
* removed , wrong Forum *

Last edited by Drathal : 05-23-06 at 05:53 AM.
05-22-06, 06:36 AM   #11
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Answers

>>Rayfack
Thanks :) hmmm many People don't like Dependencie. So im thinking about using ACE as an embeded Lib. I think Ace 2.0 can be embeded.

>>Theon
I will never include Enemy Castbars because thats not in the Scope of my HUD ;) But if you want Enemy Castbars try: http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...bar-natur.html

>>enemi
DHUD 0.9 will have Options to do that. No need for DFM ;)

>>Golonator
Hmmm never had this Bug with DHUD 0.86. Maybe you can test if DHUD 0.9 will fix that :)

>>spot
1) I have to find a way to Check for FeignDeath to fix that. DHUD 0.9 will not hide Target HP / MANA text so that will help until i found a way.
2) Yep thats a Problem. its fixed in DHUD 0.9.
3) I will add other "special Effects" after DHUD Version 1.0

>>rberry88
Thanks.

>>Amafi
Yep ACE would help me alot i think. Hmmm .. dont know... ACE.. no ACE. ;)

>>lordxar
Thanks :) Well i have many ideas of implementing Special Effects to the HUD. After 1.0 I will implement such Stuff.

Thanks all for your Suggestions.

Ciao
Drathal
05-22-06, 08:04 AM   #12
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Well thats nice dude, I am using cecb atm , just thinkin it would look better if it looked like yer HUD (wich is awesome )

Other than that keep up the good work, just one minor detail - when I am dead the hud won't display :[ (annoying when dying in a boss like chrom, dieing early a nd not knowing health :S)
06-02-06, 11:13 AM   #13
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Talking

I love this HUD Drathal, it's very nice and can't wait till you have it fully skinnable. One thing I'd like to see at some point if you could. Is an option to save profile settings so that I can use different settings across different characters. Other than that, I think this is very top notch and keep up the great work! Awesome!
06-05-06, 07:39 AM   #14
simko
A Murloc Raider

great stuff looking forward to further enhancements
06-11-06, 01:40 AM   #15
labzuk
A Defias Bandit
Request

The left/right option for self and target is great, thanks a lot for this.

Could you consider adding an option to display the target guild name please, i find this missing from most of the HUD/UnitFrame available and being on a pvp server with several blacklisted guilds it's really missing (had to manually change Lucent Unit Frames to get that but i don't like lua that much).
06-25-06, 08:34 PM   #16
Zyber
A Kobold Labourer
Hey Drathal, this is a awsome HUD and I hope you are still working on it. A couple things I'd like to mention.

1. When my hunter feigns death teh boders disappear until I switch targets.

2. I'd love to se you add a pvp rank icon to the target's text.

3. I'd love to see target's target added.

Keep up the great work. Hopefully, we hear from you soon.

By the way, I am using 0.9b5
07-04-06, 10:19 AM   #17
dafire
Premium Member
showing the raid-icon of the target would be cool
07-12-06, 10:50 AM   #18
questman
A Kobold Labourer
Post Adding Stun Meter

Would it be possible to add a stun meter to keep track of remaining stun time for a rogues stun moves, just like you've implemented the skinning meter and casting bar?

Thanks

btw 0.9b5 is amazing

Last edited by questman : 07-12-06 at 10:52 AM.
07-14-06, 12:54 PM   #19
Ziana
A Kobold Labourer
I registered to post to ask for a pet happiness indicator... I see you've already got that on the to-do list!

I'd also like to be able to disable the embossed shading around the bars, in addition to the borders; I'd prefer flat bars with no shading/outline.

Thanks for an awesome mod!
07-14-06, 01:27 PM   #20
StatiK
A Murloc Raider

I havn't tried this hud yet but it looks nice and by all the reviews it seems to be well done.
1 question though....what do you guys use for party frames since this mod may conflict with other partyframe mods such as DUF or MG2.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Drathal's HUD (DHUD)